Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ajose Question

Why doesn’t Nicky come out at half time to warm up with the other six subs? This has been the case for the last two home games. He’s not come on which would be the usuals reason to stay inside for the team talk.

Comments

• Why doesn’t Nicky come out at half time to warm up with the other six subs? This has been the case for the last two home games. He’s not come on which would be the usuals reason to stay inside for the team talk.

Very observant of you Sillybilly.
    Maybe he's on his way out.
  • Sulking !
  • I still laugh at his comments when he said if he played as much as Grant and Taylor he would score as many goals as them 2.

No Nicky you wouldnt
  • Andy Peake never used to warm up.
  • He suffers from Delort Syndrome

He’s a dick
  • I’m trying to give him the benefit of the doubt so here goes....

Maybe he’s worried about picking up an injury as it’s been so cold....

He really enjoys Lee Bowyers half time teamtalks :smiley:

He makes a decent half time cuppa

Or......

He just can’t be ar$$ed

He thinks he’s too good to be out with the subs

He’s heading out the door in January because his attitude stinks.
  • I also noticed that yesterday and thought he might be coming on at the start of the second half. Wouldn't think this endears him to the rest of the squad.
  • Can't believe he is a good influence in the dressing room. He comes across as a complete tit.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've tried to give the bloke the benefit of the doubt but his body language is all wrong to me, it's like he's saying;

'Do you realise who I am and my pedigree?'
    'Do you really expect me to chase after hopeful balls up field not to my feet and then close defenders down or tackle?
    'That's not for 20 goal a season strikers!'

He's not a team player and he can run all the channels and provide all the assists he likes but a 20 goal a season striker in the mould of Hales or Mendonca he'll never be. For all his self confidence and bravado he's a one season wonder not good enough to lace Taylor or Grant's, come to that, boots. Been robbing a living since he was signed imo. Took his goal well at Pompey mind.
  • kafka said:

I spotted that. Was worried that he was coming on for an injured forward. Consensus was he was on orange slicing duties

He was. Out six weeks with a nasty cut...
  • He really p*****s me off because apart from him I think all of the rest of there squad have a good attitude. In one game he started recently he won a corner and started strutting around as if he had just won the world cup! He always seems to be on the periphery of any group photos I have seen. I may be reading too much in to it but I suspect he is not that popular with the rest of the squad.
  • He needs to go. We need a striker to take some pressure off grant and Taylor and Ajose isn’t the man. Shit attitude and average at best.
  • I did say on the match thread for the Wallsall match on NY Day that he was not involved in the warm up when the strikers (plus Beliek, Clarke & Fosu) did their shooting practice. For those of you who don't go or are still in the pub/crossbar etc at around 2.40 what generally happens is after 10 mins of one touch football (Which all the squad take part) the 4 defenders go through their paces with Grant Basey and the midfield & strikers do theirs. I noticed that Ajose didn't take part in the shooting practice.....I dudnt see where he went or what he was doing during the 5 min session.
  • He needs to go. We need a striker to take some pressure off grant and Taylor and Ajose isn’t the man. Shit attitude and average at best.

Agree 100%. We need players on the bench who can either put a shift in or change a game for us. He really does neither.
  • But who's gonna take him and pay him what we're likely paying him? Cant see why he'd want to leave in January when he can run his contract down and leave for nothing.
  • drewman said:

But who's gonna take him and pay him what we're likely paying him? Cant see why he'd want to leave in January when he can run his contract down and leave for nothing.

Best hope is a loan move with at least a contribution to his wages. I could see a struggling League one club taking a punt hoping he can help keep them up.
  • Why doesn’t Nicky come out at half time to warm up with the other six subs? This has been the case for the last two home games. He’s not come on which would be the usuals reason to stay inside for the team talk.

Very observant of you Sillybilly.
    Maybe he's on his way out.
    Or not as the case maybe?!
  • Ajose. It’s all about him. Not a team player which is why he strolls around while all around him graft. Best if he goes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Always manages to arrive at a tackle just that split second too late , doesn't he ?
  • Always manages to arrive at a tackle just that split second too late , doesn't he ?

Don't know, never seen him put a tackle in, total waste of space on the bench.
  • I think Bowyer has pretty much got all the players 100 % on his side and I would imagine the atmosphere in the dressing room is very good.
    Ajose on the other hand is the odd one out.
    I have no proof of this of course but that is how he comes across.
  • I've hated him since day one. Cannot stand his "billy big bollocks" strut

The sooner he goes the better.

Strangely I usually keep an eye out for former players and see how they are doing - I couldn't give less of a shit about him
  • edited January 2019
    I've got a soft spot for Ajose, don't ask why, I can't explain it. I mean I LOVE marmite ((:>) .. given our hopes and our current position allied to our appalling injury record, I'd keep him at least until season's end, unless he is desperate to get away .. NEVER keep fringe players who desperately want away
  • The thing is, he stank the place out at Bury when he went on loan so I can’t see him cutting it anywhere else and he probably knows as much. He knows his bum is out the window here and he’s just marking time till the end of his contract but must be seriously wondering what come next.
  • The thing is, he stank the place out at Bury when he went on loan so I can’t see him cutting it anywhere else and he probably knows as much. He knows his bum is out the window here and he’s just marking time till the end of his contract but must be seriously wondering what come next.

Non league
  • When’s his contract up?
  • When’s his contract up?

In the summer along with nearly everyone else!