Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

bents sell on payments.

if the rumours are true and bent goes to spurs for £12m + 2 players, with us reportedly valueing bent a £18 how are the payments to ipswich worked out.
if i were ipswich i would demand a quarter of £15.4m (anything over £2.6m) = £3.85m. this would leave us with just over £8m.
considerring we spent most of this years budget last summer and already spent £2m on the strike pair + 600,000? on the irish bloke from leicester, £5.4m doesn't buy a lot in todays transfer market. (thats if we get the money up front aswell)

Comments

• Options
    I don't think its as much as a quarter of the fee over £2.6m. It's closer to 20%, as apparently Ipswich were only going to get £2.8m if Bent went to West Ham, so that would free up more money. With regards to players for next year, we would get a couple of new players as part of the Spurs deal, plus raise some funds by selling some more players, which should see us have a bigger transfer kitty than most in our division. Also, if we use the loan market well we could bring in quality without having to pay a fee.

Next season is going to be a test of how well Pardew can wheel-and-deal, but he has done this before to good effect with both West Ham and Reading.

Also in some other threads people have said that they are worried about Bent going just before the end of the transfer window. My understanding is that there is no transfer window in the Championship, so we could still buy new players at anytime during the season - anyone know if this is correct?
  • Options
    no the championship still has the same transfer window, though there are separate loan windows for the football league