Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury Away Match Thread

Comments

• Options

Morgan needs to come off at half time for me

Why, what do you want him to do?
  • Options
    Posted at
    44'
    Foul by Aaron Amadi-Holloway (Shrewsbury Town).

Posted at
    44'
    Krystian Bielik (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
  • Options
    45+1 Two minutes added.

#salop 0 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Posted at
    45'
    Aaron Amadi-Holloway (Shrewsbury Town) wins a free kick on the right wing.

Posted at
    45'
    Foul by Naby Sarr (Charlton Athletic).
  • Options
    4 points off second as it stands.
  • Options
    45+2 Great tackle from Williams leads to a Shrewsbury corner.

#salop 0 #cafc 1
  • Options

What’s he done wrong? I’m just following commentary by Ross so more difficult to check individual performances.

I thought Morgan was easily our best player on the pitch in 1st half against Sunderland.
  • Options
    45+2 Headed clear by Purrington.

#salop 0 #cafc 1
  • Options
    45+3 Good effort from distance by Haynes kept out well by Phillips.
    Shrewsbury corner.

#salop 0 #cafc 1
  • Options
    HT 0-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    H/t 0-1
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Good half. Shrews are better than I thought they would be.
  • Options

What’s he done wrong? I’m just following commentary by Ross so more difficult to check individual performances.

I thought Morgan was easily our best player on the pitch in 1st half against Sunderland.
    Shrewsbury are probably on top most of the time as you'd expect from any home side

they're getting forward quite well down Morgan's side which is a sign of how he's not quite there off the ball yet as he is when he's got the ball
  • Options
    We need another goal. We look dangerous everytime we attack but they are not a bad side. I think Morgan is not offering much and making that sub a.s.a.p will help. Williams looks good, Taylor and Grant giving them headaches and Sarr keeping up recent standards!
  • Options

Shrewsbury are probably on top most of the time as you'd expect from any home side

they're getting forward quite well down Morgan's side which is a sign of how he's not quite there off the ball yet as he is when he's got the ball
    Their left back Haynes looks very dangerous going forward, I think he’d threaten whoever we’d have in Morgan’s position. Maybe one to look at for the summer (if the takeover ever happens).
  • Options
    A little fortunate to be ahead, IMO. Caouple of good saves from Phillips to thank for that. Taylor’s goal must’ve been close to being disallowed for high kicking too, especially in light of one later in the half given against Pratley for a kick no more than knee high.

We’re not getting on top in the midfield like we usually do. Pratley better than last week, Morgan notquite as good. Bielik isn’t getting as much time on the ball as they have a man on him.

Grant very quiet so far. Williams lively. Purrington feeling his way into things.

Have to be looking to win it from here, but think it needs a tweak tactically or personnel wise to get us more in control of things as they’ve had the better of the first half.
  • Options

Watching on iFollow and Morgan having a steady game. Pratley the weak link for me.
  • Options
    Well Morgan isn't getting near him and giving the ball away too often so if they don't get near him, nothing will have changed and Fosu might push them back a bit. Marshall may be a decent option in that respect though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A little fortunate to be ahead, IMO. Caouple of good saves from Phillips to thank for that. Taylor’s goal must’ve been close to being disallowed for high kicking too, especially in light of one later in the half given against Pratley for a kick no more than knee high.

We’re not getting on top in the midfield like we usually do. Pratley better than last week, Morgan notquite as good. Bielik isn’t getting as much time on the ball as they have a man on him.

Grant very quiet so far. Williams lively. Purrington feeling his way into things.

Have to be looking to win it from here, but think it needs a tweak tactically or personnel wise to get us more in control of things as they’ve had the better of the first half.

Thanks for the feedback.
  • Options
    They've had more of the ball, but we look the better side. We've defended well and have taken our chance. Impressed with the new boys. I think after a Bowyer Blast at half time we can look forward to a win.
  • Options
    Not Morgan's day today. Marshall would be better to strengthen our right side.
  • Options
    Sounds like Grant is running them ragged and Williams doing well.

Those their or watching online, what's the view?
  • Options
    Watching on rabbit. Need Marshall on to help Solly. Williams looks quality
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I think Grant and Taylor have their defence on the edge.
  • Options
    Here come the Addicks for the second half.

45 minutes to go...COYA!! #cafc
  • Options
    46' The second half is underway...

#salop 0 #cafc 1
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Paulie, if you're doing the match thread, at least give it a proper title and date.
    Something like:

Match Thread: Shrewsbury v Charlton | Sat 12 Jan 2019

Otherwise, we'll never find it in future, when it's being searched for.

Perhaps you can edit it?

Not been an issue on previous match threads i started
    Barnsley
    Walsall
    Sunny D Land

If admin want to change it thats their choice, but I wont be
    Then perhaps don't start it in future. It helps everyone in the future you know. Hardly the hardest thing to do.......
    Just randomly went back to a previous match thread

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/84183/charlton-v-gillingham-match-thread/p1

Started by @AFKABartram

So come on @golfaddick why did u not say it him, or are you just picking up on this as its me
    Jesus, turn it in you two. This site sometimes...
    Sorry but I get fed up with the smallest thing I do getting picked up all the time(even when as I have shown others have done the same as me and not been picked up)

Close to coming off here again atm
    Paulie remember social media is as much about the abuse as the praise.
    I think your doing a good job so don't take anything too personal. Give as good as you get.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!