Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I want to make Guy Luzon Charltons Alex Ferguson

"I want to make Guy Luzon Charltons next sir Alex Ferguson"

Will not be saying her name and it's more of a post suited towards fun,jokes and captions.

There are a lot of reasons why that quote is as unbelievably stupid as it is/was funny. Well...it's only funny now.
At the time it was just another day at the office.

I have a challenge for you.

Can you highlight any football orientated quotes (Charlton or not Charlton) that are even more strangely careless, pathetic, desperate and madder then that one?

Go! :-)

Comments

• edited January 2019
    “I would LUV IT, LUV IT, if we beat them.”

No shit Sherlock. Take your massive headphones off, you can’t use them anyway cos your head’s gone.
  • Grant Basey could be as good as Gareth Barry. Pardew, A c.2007
  • wmcf123 said:

Grant Basey could be as good as Gareth Barry. Pardew, A c.2007

We have ourselves a winner.
  • The, 'come and watch Premier league stars of the future' is the thing that sticks in my throat from the whole sorry situation we have been in.

The carelessness of it was ridiculous.

Reality, yes, your right but don't shove it down our throats that you have no ambition and just want to tick over selling our best youngsters every year.

Although this is from Wikipedia, I think it throws some light on the mentality and approach of Belgian owners

"Both the national football team and the top Belgium division have a reputation for physical play. This came as a result of a lack of technically skilled foreign players allowed to play in Belgium due to legal restrictions. This changed after the Bosman ruling which forced the liberalization of the football player market in Europe. In response, Belgian clubs began to buy unknown players from Eastern Europe, South America and Africa. This had two contradictory consequences. On the one hand, the national team was weakened by the reduced opportunity for native Belgium players to gain a spot on domestic teams. On the other hand, the Jupiler League reinforced its status as an entry league for players who then move on to some of the greatest European clubs

The article is also interesting as it highlights the fact that there is little regard to the history of football clubs in Belgian, with a history of amalgamations and mergers, even at the very top level. Not only did they buy the wrong club, they got the wrong country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_in_Belgium
  • Pardew is certainly a good provider of extremely stupid quotes.

Ian Holloway and (the new) Sol Cambell must be up there.

Craig Bellamy certainly has a gob on him. Di Canio too of course....but he is a genius.
  • Sponsored links:

• The “Premier league stars of the future” really reveals the total lack of understanding around supporting a football club. We want to see Charlton succeed, win games, win the cup, get promotion. To achieve this we want to keep our best players. I want to see Taylor winning games for Charlton. And that means keeping him, and him not playing in the Premier league ( until season 2020/21 with us of course.)
  • Dave2l said:

Will not be saying her name and it's more of a post suited towards fun,jokes and captions.

There are a lot of reasons why that quote is as unbelievably stupid as it is/was funny. Well...it's only funny now.

Can you highlight any football orientated quotes (Charlton or not Charlton) that are even more strangely careless, pathetic, desperate and madder then that one?

There aren’t any, most of the quotes above are a bit daft but were said with passion for the game/situation whereas hers was just an ill thought out crass comment said as a sound piece she thought sounded good.
  • I haven't seen that vid. before. It strikes me now that she employs the seamless, shameless use of lies with the same ease as Donald Trump.

• A premiership team will win it, why not us?

Why indeed Curbs.
  • Wayne Hennessey trying to defend his nazi salute has certainly been entertaining
  • Dave2l said:

There are lots of reasons why that quote is unbelievably stupid. It's worth deconstructing it to see how stupid it was:-

1. "I". A young (junior and inexperienced) lawyer with no football knowledge and a pretty disastrous short term track record believed she would be in control of the transformation of someone that (I think) understood the game. Up there with RD advising CP on training techniques.

2. "I want". Not "I will" or "I can", but "I want".

3. "...to make Guy Luzon", because, of course, as someone that could write their football insight on the back of a postage stamp, you have the ability to do that.

4. "Charlton's next", because we've had one before. Not denying the qualities of the Seed's, Lawrence's and Curbishley's, but I think they would agree (were they able to) that they were no SAF's.

I'm looking forward to reading the book when it's all over.
    I too hope - when we can look back with some detachment at this sorry era - someone writes a book or makes a film. @LouisMend ?
  • I'm looking forward to the display case in the museum with a beach ball, a pig, a taxi, a packet of crisps, a Pinocchio mask, the protest scarf and shirt, and so on. And now I'm wondering what happened to the big copy of the Companies House document that made an appearance at one point.
  • Sponsored links:

• aliwibble said:

I'm looking forward to the display case in the museum with a beach ball, a pig, a taxi, a packet of crisps, a Pinocchio mask, the protest scarf and shirt, and so on. And now I'm wondering what happened to the big copy of the Companies House document that made an appearance at one point.

The roughed up old sofa will be present
  • Les Reed came out with some statistical corkers when he was the manager albeit only a handful of games and loss after loss including that Wycombe fiasco over 6 weeks Nov & Dec 2006, press ridiculed him calling him "Les Misérables" and "Santa Clueless.
  • edited January 2019
    aliwibble said:

. And now I'm wondering what happened to the big copy of the Companies House document that made an appearance at one point.

@Henry Irving took this home I believe

• aliwibble said:

. And now I'm wondering what happened to the big copy of the Companies House document that made an appearance at one point.

@Henry Irving took this home I believe

Brilliant stuff...