Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2019

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:
    141-6
    Podders gets his first of the innings.

Still time for the Lord God Stevens to claim another 5-fer ...
  • Options
    I'm not saying he should be picked, he's way too over the hill for it, but surely Stevens is one of the best players to have never played for england? 
    I know it doesn't quite count but he has played for the England 'A' team/England Lions/whatever they were called at the time.
  • Options
    194-7 Bresnan out a 4th for Milnes
  • Options
    244-9, Milnes with a 5fer

• Options
    269-9

Stubborn last wicket stand.
  • Options
    269 all out wicket for Rayner
  • Options
    Kent have 2 overs to bat unless they enforce the follow on which I think I would.
  • Options
    Just about close of play, so will be make them follow on, knowing the bowlers have all night to recover?
  • Options
    Just about close of play, so will be make them follow on, knowing the bowlers have all night to recover?
    I would in the hope of making use of favourable conditions first thing tomorrow.
  • Options
    Nope, we're batting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:
    I would in the hope of making use of favourable conditions first thing tomorrow.
    I would have, but we're batting again. Worked well enough against Notts last week where we also could have followed on.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    LenGlover said:
    Nope, we're batting.
    As I understand it, the ball has been doing things in the morning session of each day so far......surely we should have been thinking about that for tomorrow?
    Plus we have a couple of potentially damaging overs to face now.
    Strange decision?
  • Options
    2-0 at the close.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Nope, we're batting.
    As I understand it, the ball has been doing things in the morning session of each day so far......surely we should have been thinking about that for tomorrow?
    Strange decision?
    I agree but hopefully they know best.

It could be that the wicket is deteriorating and they don't fancy last knock on it. The lead is 215 as it stands so 100 to 150 should ensure we don't lose the match at the very least.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:
    Nope, we're batting.
    Strange decision?
    I agree but hopefully they know best.

It could be that the wicket is deteriorating and they don't fancy last knock on it. The lead is 215 as it stands so 100 to 150 should ensure we don't lose the match at the very least.
    The Lord God Stevo would have that by about 11am tomorrow.
  • Options
    18-1 D B-D gone. Lead 231
  • Options
    73-2 & 286 ahead

Crawley gone for 15

Robinson 28*
    FDP 22*

• Options
    Lead now 310 with only 2 wickets down.
  • Options
    Fanny's curse strikes again...doh !

FDP now gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
     Crawleys end of season form could mean a lions tour rather than a senior tour! I think he would benefit and improve from a lions tour where he will play rather than carry drinks on a senior tour
  • Options
     Crawleys end of season form could mean a lions tour rather than a senior tour! I think he would benefit and improve from a lions tour where he will play rather than carry drinks on a senior tour
    Agreed, a massive talent but one which needs to be nurtured rather than being thrown into the England team before he's ready

England in recent years have tended to throw people in before they're ready. Mason Crane, Dom Bess, even Ollie Pope were all called up then dropped
  • Options
    140-3 & 335 ahead

Robinson 61*
    Billings 20*
  • Options
    How long do we bat on for though ....
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Lead is up to 393. Pure guess but I would think we'll bat for say another hour and try to set them say 450
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Until Robinson gets his century (or is out) I'd imagine. He's on 91 now

I can't see there being enough time for Billings to get his century (he's on 63) though wonder if his form will bring him back into England consideration?
  • Options
    Interesting that Kuhn has been dropped to 6 in the order. Sign of things to come?
  • Options
    Interesting that Kuhn has been dropped to 6 in the order. Sign of things to come?
    Both him and Dickson have had poor seasons. Kuhn started really well for the first half of last season, but since then has been a bit disappointing really.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Until Robinson gets his century (or is out) I'd imagine. He's on 91 now

I can't see there being enough time for Billings to get his century (he's on 63) though wonder if his form will bring him back into England consideration?
    Goes for 97 sadly
  • Options
    244-5
    Kent lead Yorkshire by 457 runs with 5 wickets remaining