Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2019 London Marathon Thread

Who managed to get in?

For the first time in 7 years I scraped in!

How is training going?

Are there any posters who are running that are also fundraising?

Comments

• Options
    Good luck with the training @Dazzler21
  • Options
    An amazing race to run in terms of atmosphere and support if you haven't done it before. Keep your training up and consistent. How much do you have to raise?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Fortunately I managed to swing a ballot place so am simply fundraising for a charity close to me.

Will share the link soon, but this was more interest in seeing who else got in.

I am running Brighton 2 Weeks before which is coupled into my fundraising effort. The plan is to race that and enjoy London.

• Options
    Not this year, doing Paris instead. I will be there watching with a pint. Think Jackson is running it
  • Options
    johnboy59 said:

Had a place (charity) running for Mind last year 2018 but got diagnosed with prostate cancer Dec 2017 so deferred place to 2019. Now having completed chemo and radiotherapy during 2018 I am up to 25 miles a week. The longest run since completing treatment 10miles. Don't think Mo has anything to worry about as have only ever done half marathons before. Could be dark when I finish but I will do it. Any tips welcome also

If you wish to make a donation to Prostate Cancer UK, please go to:-

https://www.finetunedigital.com/prostate-cancer-calendar-2019/

Wow well done you! Thats pretty impressive to be back out running marathons after a bad year.
    Good luck.

• Options
    johnboy59 said:

Had a place (charity) running for Mind last year 2018 but got diagnosed with prostate cancer Dec 2017 so deferred place to 2019. Now having completed chemo and radiotherapy during 2018 I am up to 25 miles a week. The longest run since completing treatment 10miles. Don't think Mo has anything to worry about as have only ever done half marathons before. Could be dark when I finish but I will do it. Any tips welcome also

If you wish to make a donation to Prostate Cancer UK, please go to:-

https://www.finetunedigital.com/prostate-cancer-calendar-2019/

top work getting back running after that

if you're already doing 10 miles/25 mile weeks then you've got a massive head start over most of the field. just gradually build the mileage and you'l be good

I'm in this year, will be doing my first 20 miler for a while on Sunday