Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bit of an update re Blackpool saga

Comments

• A 12 points deduction would seem ridiculous to me, when such punishments are surely meant for clubs who use administration to avoid paying their bills (including local small businesses). This situation seems completely different
  • Did I read the article correct that Blackpool can essentially be bought for £25M? That is a very alluring price for a club like that.
  • Congratulations!

I hope this goes through smoothly and that you are soon bought by a principled owner who enjoys football and will facilitate the rebirth of Blackpool FC.  A few more hurdles to overcome, but it seems at long last the winning post is in sight for you.

• Not going to games or going to Wembley to see their team

We must be the biggest martyrs in footballdom this side of the millenium in that case!
  • I would hate to piss on their chips but the receiver appointed is no less bent than Oysten in my opinion

• edited February 2019
    Does that mean that Mr Oyston is now free to buy our club and re-appoint Katrien Meire as CEO?
  • Well they are just a.bunch of customers so why would the EFL do anything other than kick them in the teeth. A great day and as said already, Well done to the campaigners for never giving up on THEIR club. 

• edited February 2019
    I would think he would stroll through the EFL fit and proper persons test yep. 
  • Congratulations to all Blackpool fans and wishing you a deservedly bright future.
  • Hello. Confirmed a Receiver appointed who has the powers to remove the owners and sell the club. No timescale yet. Awaiting info on any points deduction. Huge huge day. Expect a few drunk fans in the away end Saturday. Thanks for you interest and support .
    So ATM he is still the owner and if the reciever doesnt want to remove him they wont??

If thats the case then it may not be over just yet depending on who the reciever is and if Owen smooth talks them.

Maybe and hopefully I am wrong and I wish you all the best @Hertsseasider but maybe dont celebrating to early, like our fans did a few weeks ago when we were told the club would be sold in 72 hours
  • Sponsored links:

• Would take relegation if necessary 
    Good for you but our fans wouldn't, this site would go into melt down.

You guys are proper boycotter's and stick to your principles.   
  • Before people rejoice then better wait and see what the reciever actualy does. They may not remove  Oystons if that way that get the best financuial outcome for the creditor.
    Also this has not happend because of fans protests, but because of a falling out between coowners and the Oystons shafting there partner who then took them to court.
  • edited February 2019
    Great post @Blucher bang on the money 👍.
  • Why are the Scottish FA involved, it’s not that far North...?
  • Did I read the article correct that Blackpool can essentially be bought for £25M? That is a very alluring price for a club like that.
    No it is not. Wigan was bought for £20m. And for £25m you could buy a club in London with a FAPL ready stadium, a plan in place for top level academy, a proactive customer fanbase; or at least in the real world you could...
  • RedChaser said:
    Great post @Blucher bang on the money 👍.
    Agree, and and Blackpool have the backing of the Football Ombudsman, I believe.
  • What were Wigan’s debts/wage bill?
  • Sponsored links:

• Brunello said:
    I would hate to piss on their chips but the receiver appointed is no less bent than Oysten in my opinion

Why do you say that ?
  • Would take relegation if necessary 

Surely won't come to that? So pleased that Oyston now appears to be just a stain on your proud history. Onwards and upwards mate (after Saturday of course)! Now if only someone would relieve us of Roland....!
  • addick05 said:
    Now if only someone would relieve us of Roland....!
    I would rather see him relieve himself. No ... wait a minute ... 
  • Thought there would be more of the Tangerine Army in the Jimmy Seed today following the court case results this week. Would appear their fanbase has been damaged quite significantly away from home, as well as at Bloomfield. Sad to see.
  • edited February 2019

razil said:
    What were Wigan’s debts/wage bill?

Ask Napa. IF their debts were 50 millions they would be worth 70
    After 18 months and 1500 pages after claiming RD would either sell for $70M+ or keep assets if it sold for less, or not sell at all... have I been proven wrong? All the rumors and supposed deals being 48 hours away from so-called insiders... who has been most right on the takeover so far? Me.

• razil said:

After 18 months and 1500 pages after claiming RD would either sell for $70M+ or keep assets if it sold for less, or not sell at all... have I been proven wrong? All the rumors and supposed deals being 48 hours away from so-called insiders... who has been most right on the takeover so far? Me.
    No, not you.
  • edited February 2019

razil said:

No, not you.
    deleted because no reason to get pissy.
  • Think everyone’s beyond caring. 
  • Brunello said:
    I would hate to piss on their chips but the receiver appointed is no less bent than Oysten in my opinion

Care to share your evidence for this opinion?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Think everyone’s beyond caring. 
    Given up caring no.
    Given up believing it will happen anytime soon .yes