Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Catering at the Valley

It’s taking longer and longer to get served at the Valley, sort it out Roland

Comments

• Options
    If little demand won’t be as many staff, the recent good run of form means more people going - football fans are a fickle bunch
  • Options

If little demand won’t be as many staff, the recent good run of form means more people going - football fans are a fickle bunch

And the recent good run of form came as a complete surprise on Saturday ?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    i think Rolands a wanker as much as every other Charlton fan. but a few 1000 extra people being in attendance is going to affect waiting times for catering outlets.

shrewsbury 11th august att; 9429

sunderland ( had a sell out away end ) att;16317
  • Options
    Those games are miles apart.
    Plenty of time for the caterers to train up extra staff so they are also proficient at;

Not knowing how to use the tills
    Not knowing how to use the beer pumps
    Failing the H&S course required to use the boiling water device
    Jamming up the lil printer on the card reader
    Not knowing how to count
    Not knowing how money works
    Not knowing what a Cornish Pastie is...
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    what happened to a complete boycott of all purchases at the valley

i only ever buy a ht pint which is hard to fuck up but in north upper they seem to be proficient enough

not that it is an excuse but they are minimum wage agency workers max 4 hours on a saturday at the minimum wage not going to be that skilled.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

i only ever buy a ht pint which is hard to fuck up but in north upper they seem to be proficient enough

I think you just answered your own question.
    i have never said that i was going to boycott, i have given my st up and may of attended a few games this season with a ticket that does not suit my age, i think as a fanbase their is a lot of " im only attending away games " and " not a penny more "

also on something like a pint they probably are making 50p which he is welcome to i have a beer with my mates at ht as its part of going to football for me.
  • Options

It’s taking longer and longer to get served at the Valley, sort it, Roland Out

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would never buy in the ground,take a flask for ht,buy tea for £1.00 outside ground,chips for £1.80 in church lane,far superior,with regards profit margin,Witherspoons sell s for 1.99 pint,and make a profit,he will be making at least £2.50 a pint.Bottled water at cash and carry is around 20p a bottle so once again prices are extortionate applies to crisps and snacks)all clubs are the same.
  • Options
    With kids for a quid type games, a lot of the newbies do seem to buy refreshments.

"Right son, off to Charlton"
    "I don't want to go"
    "I'll buy you a burger"
    "Oh all right then"
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Couple of things:
    Spending at the ground is prolonging roly’s toxic pantomime so don’t do it FFS
    The catering shambles is contracted out so there’s virtually nothing CAFC and its absent management can do about it.
    Whatever your views on either of the above the available fare is overpriced ullage at best. Needing booze before or during games is indicative of bigger problems closer to home than douchebag’s or Delaware north’s

I’m not sure I buy that not spending money in the ground/on tickets is “prolonging roly’s toxic pantomime” anymore.

It seems as though the one of the main stumbling blocks to a takeover is based on the high asking price, which I am assuming is linked to the desire to recoup losses. Therefore not spending money and increasing losses leads to a higher asking price which in turn reduces the chance of sale.
  • Options

I think you just answered your own question.
    i have never said that i was going to boycott, i have given my st up and may of attended a few games this season with a ticket that does not suit my age, i think as a fanbase their is a lot of " im only attending away games " and " not a penny more "

also on something like a pint they probably are making 50p which he is welcome to i have a beer with my mates at ht as its part of going to football for me.
    Yeah, I'm not judging, people are free to do as they please.

I recently had my mum send me over CAFC stuff for my son, some of which came from the club shop.
  • Options
    Surprised you didn’t get a coffee.
  • Options
    I have never bothered again since them 14 chips!
  • Options
    For the true Roland Dutchelet dining experience have an overpriced horseburger slapped between two soft half buns with a slosh of tasteless ex onion with a dash of Best Bargain red sauce, whilst half a dozen chancers sing "Roland Out" four hundred times...
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    JohnnyH2 said:

The game only last 90 minutes with a 15 minute break, just eat and drink before and after the game, don't bother with the over priced toot

Over priced “toot”......BLIMEY!!!!!
    I thought that was only available in the exec boxes!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Food and drink at football grounds has always been overpriced s***.

Eat/drink before and after the game to ensure better value PLUS his lordship is not getting any dough.

Simples!
  • Options
    I drink at half time to make the football enjoyable... It seems to be working more this year!
  • Options
    edited January 2019

JohnnyH2 said:

The game only last 90 minutes with a 15 minute break, just eat and drink before and after the game, don't bother with the over priced toot

Over priced “toot”......BLIMEY!!!!!
    I thought that was only available in the exec boxes!

Google it.....informal verb.

• Options

With kids for a quid type games, a lot of the newbies do seem to buy refreshments.

"Right son, off to Charlton"
    "I don't want to go"
    "I'll buy you a burger"
    "Oh all right then"

When we had seasons tickets,I had to do that bribe with me little girl for awhile when the Douche 1st turned up...but it was a hotdog,in the freebie games we get too...she is more than happy now to get one outside from the burger van as she knows I won't put a penny more into the club at this time...
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

I drink at half time to make the football enjoyable... It seems to be working more this year!

Can you get six pints in during half time? Promotion guaranteed!!!

• Options
    Saw ‘blimey’ being used on this thread.
    Anyone know the etymology or origin of the word?
    Clue, it’s normally ‘cor blimey’.

I was told the answer by a teacher at my school about 15 mins before he told me my grandad had died, which is why I’ve never forgotten it.
  • Options
    Thought it was Gor Blimey - God Blind me.
  • Options
    To each their own but don't know why you'd bother.

Long queues for shit beer and shit food at extortionate prices.

Plenty of places to go before and after - rather keep my money in my pocket to go there.
  • Options
    Never understood the half time pint scramble. 15 minute break to queue up, get a shit pint and down it before the next half starts.
  • Options

Never understood the half time pint scramble. 15 minute break to queue up, get a shit pint and down it before the next half starts.

Plus, you don't get time for a crafty fag in the toilets... :-)