Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dirty Accrington! Stamp on Taylor

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Mametz said:

Mametz said:

You do that to a man in the street, you would go to prison. Why not on a footbball pitch?

No you wouldn’t. It was a sly and scummy thing to do and he should have been sent off but let’s not exaggerate the seriousness of it. Taylor was up and laughing within seconds.

Wasn't for the want of trying tho was it...a couple inches either way & it could of gone horribly wrong...the intent was there for all to see...dirty scummy prick...!!!
    No it wasn’t. Again a vast exaggeration.If he was really trying he could he have kicked and stamped on Taylor with all his might. He didn’t do that. It was a sneaky little dig more designed to get a reaction from Taylor than to do any real harm.
    He definitely couldn’t be in control of what happened to Taylor’s head / eyes once he decided to run his studs over them. Totally wreckless and cowardly thing to do. I’m hoping there is appropriate retrospective punishment meted out by the FA for this. That and at some point in the future him getting some size 11 karma.

• Options
    Mametz said:

Mametz said:

You do that to a man in the street, you would go to prison. Why not on a footbball pitch?

No you wouldn’t. It was a sly and scummy thing to do and he should have been sent off but let’s not exaggerate the seriousness of it. Taylor was up and laughing within seconds.

Wasn't for the want of trying tho was it...a couple inches either way & it could of gone horribly wrong...the intent was there for all to see...dirty scummy prick...!!!
    No it wasn’t. Again a vast exaggeration.If he was really trying he could he have kicked and stamped on Taylor with all his might. He didn’t do that. It was a sneaky little dig more designed to get a reaction from Taylor than to do any real harm.
    Pure conjecture on that one.

• Options
    Do the EFL have a certain amount of time to charge him in?
  • Options

About 5 years by my reckoning.

• Options

About 5 years by my reckoning.

Excellent - so I shouldn't be expecting him to be charged anytime soon!
  • Options
    Interesting... when Thompson appealed a decision was madd the following day... 2 working days after the incident and assuming Charlton appealed yesterday... why have we not heard anything? Are the powers that be looking at the whole incident? And also looking at 14 and 15 (plus what happened in the tunnel?)
  • Options
    My opinion is he should get double the normal violent conduct, So 6 game ban for me.
  • Options
    Think we can leave whatever happened in the tunnel out of the equation. Unless the referee mentions it in his report it didn't happen - and I'm pretty sure he wasn't in a position to see with clarity. But, we shall see.
  • Options
    Re. The various quotes I responded to above.

AddickFC81 said that if the no 14 had done that to Taylor in the street he would have six months in prison. This is clearly nonsense.

Northeast Addick said it “wasn’t for the want of trying”; this wording implies that he agrees with me that that the offender wouldn’t have got six months in prison but the offender had genuinely intended to do very serious damage to Taylor’s head and/or face. So this young man who earns a living as a full time professional footballer*was totally incapable of inflicting any visible damage with his booted and studded feet to another man, who is lying prone at his feet, despite fully intending to do such damage as would warrant a six month jail term. The victim of this assault gets up within seconds laughing at his assailant(s).

I do think that their no 14 should be have been sent off and be facing a ban. Looking at one of the videos, Taylor can be seen flicking his leg, David Beckham style, at the goalkeeper, so it appears that his sending off was justified. However I would take issue with anyone who argued that this was a serious attempt by Taylor to break the goalkeeper’s leg.

*I do realise that statement is open to debate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    addick05 said:

Think we can leave whatever happened in the tunnel out of the equation. Unless the referee mentions it in his report it didn't happen - and I'm pretty sure he wasn't in a position to see with clarity. But, we shall see.

Well he was blind to everything else that went on..
  • Options

Feel free to pass on your thoughts to him directly on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/samfinley8

His mate is also on there...

https://twitter.com/RossySykes

Really?
    Yes, really.

Thanks for asking though.