Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Women's team

2»

Comments

• Options

• Options
    edited April 2019
  • Options
    No disgrace in that. 
  • Options
    Awful ref. They didn't deserve to lose.
  • Options
    2nd game this season when the girls have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.
    Couldn't get to the game as still needed another 24 hours to get over the flu.

A win at Selhurst park will be some consolation for losing to Spurs.
  • Options
    Crystal palace v Charlton women 2pm KO.
    About £5 to get in ?
    Selhurst Park.

Should bring back some memories plus we have more chance of winning than the men's team.

The game at Crayford was won by the last kick of the match by Cafc in a controversial way.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    I'm not feeling glad all over as I still have the flu. A decent League 1 stadium TBF.
  • Options
    Cafc score after some good work from Ejupi and Gurr before Eggesvik glides in at the back post to score at the Sainsbury's end.

CP 0 Cafc 1 after 29 minutes.
  • Options
    Charlton go 2-0 up after the assist from Stubbs for Kit Graham to slam the ball in from a yard out.
  • Options
    crystal palace 0 CHARLTON ATHLETIC 2

HT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palace have huffed and puffed but Liz Ejupi with a class finish puts Cafc 3 up
  • Options
    The Homer ref gives Palace a Penalty.

1-3
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Cream rises to the top, great work by Kit Graham who lays the ball on a plate for Liz Agg  to score a 4th.
  • Options
    Durham concede a late equaliser too. 
  • Options
    Good to see the girls win a competitive Derby where we had 5 players booked.

Palace 1 CHARLTON ATHLETIC 4

• Options
    Double over Millwall and Crystal Palace in the same season.
  • Options
    Nice one
  • Options
    The women currently 4th with one game to go. A win in the last game v Leicester could mean they finish 3rd. Current 3rd place Durham play 2nd placed Spurs. Although Durham could catch Spurs, Spurs could seal promotion before then as they have another game to play v Aston Villa on 1st May. 

Last round of games scheduled for Saturday May 11th at 5.30 pm. Unfortunately all our women's homes games seem to be same weekend as men. This one could even be same day!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What is happening this season

Finished 3rd last season

3 games into this season
    1 point
    0 goals scored

0-0 against Lewes
    0-2 against Durham
    0-2 against London City Lionesses
  • Options
    What is happening this season

Finished 3rd last season

3 games into this season
    1 point
    0 goals scored

0-0 against Lewes
    0-2 against Durham
    0-2 against London City Lionesses
    Guess losing Kit Graham hasnt helped
  • Options
    Losing 4 other players - 3 to the Lionesses plus the Assistant Coach hasn't helped. Not choosing their best players and playing others out of their best position too. Maybe a new manager needed.
  • Options
    Haven't seen them this year. Who did we lose to Lionesses. I can understand Kit wanting to go to premiership but why did we lose the other 3. Was it money? 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Haven't seen them this year. Who did we lose to Lionesses. I can understand Kit wanting to go to premiership but why did we lose the other 3. Was it money? 
    Harley Bennett, Liz Ejupi & Lily Agg. The Lionesses are full time pro team training 4 times a week. Followed the coach too.
  • Options
    I was there today and it was a quite even contest. The difference was the finishing,  Ejupi is a right handful and proved that today. We miss her.

the women have 15 new players and it will take time to adapt. The lionesses clearly have a cash injection which is something we do not have the benefit of.

of the games played we have played 2nd, 3rd and 4th so that has to be taken into account.

entertaining game to be honest - lovely setup down there and well worth a watch
  • Options
    Missed today as dropping daughter back at Uni,

But as above in the main lost their fire power. Kit has been scoring for fun for so long, along with usually a decent partner with her, not sure the strikers we have are up to the Championship, need to start finding the net or could be a really bad season. 
  • Options
    The only comparison I can find is with both Kit Graham and Liz Ejupi leaving it would have been the same as Taylor and Grant departing last season.