Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton player exits - your painful memories

Comments

• Options
    Parker was the one that stung me the most as a kid. Couldn't understand it.

Then as an adult it was Yann, bit that was all Roland's fault and letting a 14 year old tell him that Yann wasn't good enough
  • Options
    Robert Lee to Newcastle
  • Options
    Reza
  • Options
    Was pretty sad to see Darren Bent go also Dean Kiely, but understood. Michael Morrison going made me angry for a long time. Roland out.
  • Options
    Di Canio was another one, especially as he had only just signed up for another year.
  • Options
    Parker, yann & d.bent :(
  • Options
    Darren Bent, Parker & Jensen
  • Options
    Hales, Flanagan, Walsh.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Parker was gutting, possibly the best player I've seen play for us, and even though I could understand the reason he wanted the move, the way he went about forcing it through left a very bad taste.

Yann was horrible - such a good player at a time when we needed him upfront given the other options, and a sale that wouldn't have happened under anyone who knew what they were doing. I think it was worse as it wasn't just losing Yann, it was what it meant about the direction of the club.

Was really disappointed when Kinsella went too but then I didn't know about his injury issues and with hindsight we got a good deal at the right time.
  • Options

RedChaser said:

Marvin Hinton to Chelsea and Captain Mike Bailey to Wolves. Losing your childhood heroes is far more upsetting as a kid than losing Grant at my time of life now.

I can identify with this. I was 15 when Firmani was sold to Sampdoria and he and Stuart Leary were my idols. I was gutted when Darren Bent left too.
    I was slightly younger when Eddie Firmani was sold, I was the same as you Eddie and Stuart I thought were brilliant, over the many years since there have been a lot of players, I have been upset with Charlton selling them
  • Options
    Killer
    Paul Walsh
    Simonsen
    Paul Williams
  • Options
    Great thread - Agree with most - would also throw in Elliot and Walsh to Luton
  • Options
    Think MOTD broke the news that Killer was off to Derby, shed a tear
  • Options
    Parker , Walsh and Killer are the obvious ones but Gordon Watson going to SW was another that I was gutted about
  • Options
    This thread should be deleted. It is a threat to mental health.
  • Options
    Morgan Fox, academy grad, to Sheffield Wednesday.
  • Options
    Seth Plum to Chelsea.

And he'd been capped by England while a Charlton player in the Third Division.

• Options
    Parker, D Bent, D Mills
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was also very disappointed when Carson went back after his loan when we were relegated (not a sale of course)
  • Options

Was also very disappointed when Carson went back after his loan when we were relegated (not a sale of course)

Me to
  • Options
    Carl Leaburn for a pittance when him and Super Clive had developed a great partnership. But Walsh and Elliott were daylight robbery.
  • Options
    Parker and yann for me
  • Options
    Billy Bonds back in the day and Parker more recently.
  • Options
    Humphrey - Sold too cheaply
    Watson - Look so promising and was a fan as well
    Minto - Sold too cheapley
    Parker - Daft move on his part and knew it would wreck our season
    Reid - Best player we had in the squad at the time
    Yann - To sell him to Bournemouth summed up people who had taken over who did not know what they had bought
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Morgan Fox, academy grad, to Sheffield Wednesday.

Judging by that goal Hudson-Odoi just scored, I remember how gutted I wasn’t when he went.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Andy Reid going was a big disappointment

I remember when he left Pardew said we would be a better team...

The guy literally carried us for half that season