Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cheltenham Festival 2019

Comments

• Options
    Wednesdays racing could be put back till Saturday.  
    On the basis that there is little if any rain forecast today & none tomorrow, why would they do that ?
    On at the races website.  
  • Options
    I cannot believe I didn't tip Vintage Clouds. I'm an idiot.

@PeanutsMolloy looks a healthy GN boost though!
  • Options
    On the basis that there is little if any rain forecast today & none tomorrow, why would they do that ?
    Strong winds. 
  • Options
    inspection at 8am tomorrow morning, shame as i will already be on route, big drift on bvd this could be the race of the festival 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Strong winds. 
    Wind forecast tomorrow afternoon is fine according to BBC, although 40 mph between 11am & 1pm.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653261.

NB The Skybet 1st race offer is excellent. I'm wondering whether my wife should open an a/c to take advantage ?
    I think she will.
  • Options
    bookies clean up for today, jps best hope falls and his 2nd string bolts up. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Taken 5 places at 8-1 on Espoir D'Allen in the 3:30.

Nice one
  • Options
    I'm having an absolute shocker atm! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Well played, although unfortunate as it was 16/1.
  • Options
    16/1
    20/1
    80/1

the 123 of the champion hurdle 

was always going to be an open race apples jade v disappointing - went worse than i was expecting.  

• Options
    Strong winds. 
    Wind forecast tomorrow afternoon is fine according to BBC, although 40 mph between 11am & 1pm.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653261.

NB The Skybet 1st race offer is excellent. I'm wondering whether my wife should open an a/c to take advantage ?
    I think she will.
    They are concerned with the temporary structures around the course. 40mph is strong when there will be people through the doors at 11am.
  • Options
    Bloody hell lol. Tricast paid £22k. 

Then again, too many races like that wouldn't actually be good for horse racing. I remember Glorious Goodwood being a bloodbath in 2017 - the Tuesday had 20/1, 50/1, 33/1, and 100/1 winners: https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/meeting/2017-08-01/goodwood/60374 

Here's hoping for Benie Des Dieux for racing in general, even though I'm not on board.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Well played, although unfortunate as it was 16/1.
    Yes but I took the extra places.

I look for each ways at this type of meeting especially with the weather and ground as it is.

Just done 10 places at 20-1 on Militarian in the 4:50
  • Options
    I now know why this and the GN are the only times I bet on the horses.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Started well on the first two races but completely whiffed on the next two - not even a place. Just need something from one of the next three to put me up for the day.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Not sure I’d want to be backing Benie at odds on at this point.
  • Options
    Only the second 5 year old to win the Champion Hurdle in the last 30 years.
  • Options
    Hahahaha good old Ruby at the last 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    annie power part 2 
  • Options
    Fuck sake 
  • Options
    This has been very, very bad
  • Options
    No joy in other punters losing money, but i really don't like Walsh.
  • Options
    No joy in other punters losing money, but i really don't like Walsh.
    with you on this earlier twitter was gushing about ruby Tuesday etc put him on the banker of the week and that happens, dont like the itv  questioning of rich ricci of course hes gutted and bringing up about the company is bs
  • Options
    Search "Ruby Walsh" on Twitter. 

Meltdown.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    cheltenham have announced should weds racing be changed to Saturday, weds tickets would not be valid you would have to pay again. what a joke that decision is, you of course get your weds ticket fully refunded but with a lot of people paying on the door would be carnage

less staff etc, i know the weather cannot be helped but as it is currently forecasts that is a lot of planning in advance. 
  • Options
    Just had the most horrendous first day at Cheltenham ever and doubled down on Bennie des Deux to claw back some losses... Cheers.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Thought Stormy’s second wind after the last was going to take them past Roksana but not to be. I’ll take my place winnings.

Sorry to anyone on Benie...
  • Options
    Rachel Blackmore you beauttyyyyyyy