Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Southend - Match thread

Comments

• HT 0-1
  • 10 minutes late getting to the stream, but dear me Fosu has ben PANTS
  • edited February 2019
    We're back to a being a bit poor.
  • Now five halves of football without scoring.
  • Scum losing 1-0
    Both of them.
  • We are playing quite well, just not sure we lack any cutting edge in front of goal. Reckon 1-1 FT.
  • One man team in Jonny Williams.
  • We're back to a being a bit shit.
    Just how Roland likes it.  Only joking he dont give a toss!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2019
    Toothless up top Fosu so predictable, Marshall fish out of water, Reeves meh, Vetokele no service and we're only playing 10 men sort it out Bowyer ffs.
  • Fosu has to be off at HT
    He's looked both good and bad this first half. The end product hasnt been there but hes been getting into good positions and beating players - if he can get the final ball right it'll be the best chance we get.
  • Fosu off, Parker on please
  • Fosu infuriating, Reeves doesn't look like he's going to do anything, Igor and Marshall toothless. Williams only one with some spark. 
  • Leuth said:
    Fosu dreadful. Williams awesome. Cullen running it. Reeves good apart from for the goal :/ Marshall fitful. Vetokele not quite there. The defence very solid. Phillips extremely lucky. Parker please 
    Sorry but how on earth has Reeves been good ?
  • I would keep Fosu on but he needs to improve. Give him 15 minutes and then take him off. He is our most dangerous player but just not quite there. Cullen and Williams are far too good for this league, the league is too good for Marshall. 

Marshall off for Parker and then get Reeco warming up for Fosu. 
  • Leuth said:
    Fosu dreadful. Williams awesome. Cullen running it. Reeves good apart from for the goal :/ Marshall fitful. Vetokele not quite there. The defence very solid. Phillips extremely lucky. Parker please 
    Would agree with that, with the exception of Bielik who has looked very nervous in the backline.

I'd be looking at bringing on Lapslie and Parker. Can Igor last 90 minutes?
  • Passing the ball around well but nobody in our team looks like scoring. Fosu's final ball has been dire.

We look likely to lose possession in dangerous areas - too many of our players are careless in defence. 

Could be a long afternoon.
  • Reeves has switched play well and worked space nicely! He's not as central to our play as Williams has been but he looks like he could do something. He has been booked though so is a candidate for removal I guess 
  • Sponsored links:

• You lose 34 goals from the side Taylor, Grant and Aribo and what you see is some decent play around the box and a few great passes but no finish. I believe I said this in the preview, plus throw in a deflected shot and at 4pm we need a good strike from somewhere in the 2nd half to grab at least a point.

• Whoever is in charge off Southend social media need there eyes tested or maybe they are high.

Their player slipped for the red, yeah right
    Knightly unlucky to be booked, really???
  • Kightly was unlucky to be booked, he clearly got a toe on the ball 
  • No goal threat, Southend can now shut up shop and win this 1-0. Biggest threat to them is any more kamikaze tackling and another sending off.
  • Put another forward on !
  • Shape is all wrong. Marshie will get pulled and Fosu who has been rubbish. Parker and Lapslie will come on but we need Reeco. Solly has so much space but Cullen is too slow getting him the ball. Can see this being a very frustrating 2nd 45.
  • Leuth said:
    Kightly was unlucky to be booked, he clearly got a toe on the ball 
    Agreed - looked a decent tackle to me.
  • Leuth said:
    Kightly was unlucky to be booked, he clearly got a toe on the ball 
    Agreed... From the stream I didnt understand what Fosu was doing when he started to drift in with the ball, had he kept going in the original direction he was clear
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!