Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Need a wall papering

Need a wall papering with a brick effect wallpaper, a relative has had a go but not to a very good effect, any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Haha, I would suggest not doing it, sounds like a dog of a job. Where are you? I do know some very decent paper guys but the best is in Canning Town and will charge probably too much if you are out Kent side, 
  • Orpington mate
  • Orpington mate
    You sure it’s not the 1970’s 😸
  • Just knock the plaster off, job done.
  • edited February 2019
    I can suggest some local Charlton supporting decorators but they always seem busy with work.

Texted you
  • Just knock the plaster off, job done.
    Seriously, do this. Brick acid on it to clean it up and then chisel out the mortar, redo that and clean it, use linseed oil to seal it. Looks much better  
  • My son did a small patch of wall in his room as brick by paining it. First paint it all in a brick red colour then overpaint the 'mortar' with a sandier colour. With a bid of skill you can have it looking really good.  Would talk a hell of a lot of work to do a whole wall though.
  • Stig said:
    My son did a small patch of wall in his room as brick by paining it. First paint it all in a brick red colour then overpaint the 'mortar' with a sandier colour. With a bid of skill you can have it looking really good.  Would talk a hell of a lot of work to do a whole wall though.
    It does! Done two in my house and it takes weeks. Looks great though.