Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who needs to know?

Just got married and not sure who to inform and if the list is different for bride or groom.

I know I need to tell pensions people and mortgage company. Who else?

Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• Your wife??

Congrats btw
  • just double check with your solicitor whether your pre-nup is in fact legal?!
  • I'm not fishing for congrats - but thank you. Genuinely worried I might have to inform people but know not who.
  • I never told anybody (well I obviously told some people but you know what I mean...) and the wife only told people when wanting to change her name on bank cards etc.

Not sure there's an obligation to tell anyone unless you are applying for new policies etc. is there?
  • Might need to make sure that your employer has your now wife as next of kin etc for pension insurance things.
  • Remember thinking this when I got married and had one over riding thought

WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Remember thinking this when I got married and had one over riding thought

WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!!!!
    Damnit... Seems my wife has hacked my CharltonLife account - Going to have to change my password AGAIN!!
  • Your boyfriend. 
  • You just didn't want to invite CL to your wedding.
  • I'm impressed with the wit.
  • It appears that you may own a property together if you've told the mortgage company.

Land Registry might need to know if her name has changed too. Whether they do anything with the information is another issue but at least you are seen to have told them.

DVLA if she drives.

Any joint insurances, bank accounts and utlities.
  • iainment said:
    Just got married and not sure who to 
    Cheap laughs aplenty 
  • Is this the most click-baity thread title ever?
  • Congrats.  Pensions provider(s), Mortgage provider (if you have one), Life Assurance, House insurance (so she is on the policy), Car Insurance (if you want her covered on the policy), HMRC for tax, Employer (so they update emergency contact details), Facebook relationship status (keep her happy!).  Can't think of anything else or anything funny to add!!
  • Your neighbours because the s** is going to be loud, rampant and plentiful for a brief period.
  • Sponsored links:

• Passport office. Travel tickets and passport must be in the same name.
  • edited February 2019
    As I have collated a personal information dossier on our top 500 posters stemming from your digital footprints, I already knew. 
  • The council, to stop your 25% single persons discount for council tax ... if you ever had it.  :neutral:
  • iainment said:
    I'm impressed with the wit.
    Start a thread to announce you're married (congratulations) then within a few posts you're boasting about wedding night feedback...hopefully the length was equally admired.

• iainment said:
    Just got married and not sure who to inform and if the list is different for bride or groom.

Thanks in anticipation.
    I think it's only CL that need to know.
  • iainment said:

Thanks in anticipation.
    I think it's only CL that need to know.
    Hang on, what about Jeremy Corbyn ?
  • Boyfriend?
    sorry, everything else had gone.
  • The fans' forum.

In fact I'm surprised they don't know already

:wink:
  • Your boyfriend. 
    masicat said:
    Boyfriend?
    sorry, everything else had gone.