Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Mason Rejects Plymouth

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2019
    I'm in for donating, but wouldn't we need to raise more than 30k?

That would cover the 1st week...
  • Options
    RedMist said:
    I'm in for donating, but wouldn't we need to raise more than 30k?
    i would think so, 30k is 2.5k a week till the last game of the season.
  • Options
    I mean, if we could blow his b@#$#cks of and make them think "damn the fans are willing to pay me that, well I'm willing to give them my best"
    That could work...
  • Options

An excellent idea publicity-wise as well as in practical terms if we can achieve enough backing for the scheme.

Don't forget the employer's costs - things like contribution to National Insurance, player insurance against injury, etc - because I bet if this goes ahead, Roland would expect the fans to pick up the tab for that as well, in an attempt to prove to us what a philanthropic owner he really is!!

• Options
    I think it's a great idea and could make us the club we were with back to the valley, I just think we need to add another zero on that figure.
  • Options
    RedMist said:
    I mean, if we could blow his b@#$#cks of and make them think "damn the fans are willing to pay me that, well I'm willing to give them my best"
    That could work...
    Well aint volunteering to give him a blow!!!
  • Options
    Bowyer needs to get him in again for talks to see if he won’t to come
  • Options
    RedMist said:
    I think it's a great idea and could make us the club we were with back to the valley, I just think we need to add another zero on that figure.
    How much do you think league one strikers, currently out of contract can demand?
  • Options
    RedMist said:
    How much do you think league one strikers, currently out of contract can demand?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You can say that again!
  • Options
    RedMist said:
    More than that.
  • Options
    1st donation in thanks.

And moneywise at the start it asks you an amount and it says to put lower than u actually want 
  • Options
    He's turned Plymouth down so clearly not desperate,  if you are talking sbout seriously wanting to tempt them here, then I personally think it needs to be more than that.
  • Options
    Ain't going to happen unless people donate.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Ain't going to happen unless people donate.
    No if's 
    No but's
    😉
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Put a just giving page up will soon make the headlines even if a few quid only goes in 
    Hows this

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/cafcstriker

Please share

Oh and if anybody has suggestion on the text or anything i should add let me know and i will edit it
    Nice one Paulie his got £40 now
  • Options
    if all 17,000 supporters there yesterday donated £2 we'd achieve it easily
  • Options
    Surely his minimum salary demand is going to be around £4K a week?
  • Options
    How about he comes in on a free and gets paid on goals scored . Great idea to donate but I think bower should sanction the move first .
    I'm in 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How about he comes in on a free and gets paid on goals scored . Great idea to donate but I think bower should sanction the move first .
    I'm in 
    On his current rate of scoring, he'd be looking for hand-outs.
  • Options
    But Roland has rejected him
  • Options
    Cos he has to pay him, the bloke ductapes his shoes, you think hes gonna turn away a footballer on prepaid wages?
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    I'm in 
    On his current rate of scoring, he'd be looking for hand-outs.
    this .. Mason's recent record in no way indicates that he would have been the answer to our goal drought .. we needed a proven scorer at this level .. first of course we (i.e. Bowyer) needed the funds to pay for one 
  • Options
    Cos he has to pay him, the bloke ductapes his shoes, you think hes gonna turn away a footballer on prepaid wages?
    and he won't change his mind