Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Blackpool- Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    It isn't as simple as smashing in every free kick! It wasn't a good one but someone has to take them. I dare say someone else will get the next one 
  • Options
    Strong solid half from philips
  • Options
    Well that was fairly crap. My first time in the east stand for years... Doing well on the seat being kicked,  people arriving late, punters having a wee every ten minutes, and people in the wrong seats so others sit in the gangway front!
  • Options
    Ridiculous question . But what happens should Taylor get another booking this game? 
    Is it the 1 game band for red AND the 2 for the yellows or...?
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Lyle is a great player at this level and a great bloke too, but he really needs to cut out the little niggles that bring him so many yellows. He was a bit unlucky to get that one today but he could have avoided giving the ref the chance. 
    The annoying thing was that the defenders had been chipping away at him during his run down the touchline and neither the ref nor lino gave him any protection.

The moment it was perceived that Lyle had done anything to the defender the ref blew his whistle.
  • Options
    Aribo been the stand out player. Pitch isnt aiding both teams so many bobbles. Please stop Reeves on set pieces.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    It isn't as simple as smashing in every free kick! It wasn't a good one but someone has to take them. I dare say someone else will get the next one 
    Yep the way this is going so far...them...☹️
  • Options
    Cant wait for normal crowds to return against Portsmouth; love those around me who think this game is awful yet need to realise this is the level of League One football

Blackpool certainly started the better but we've slowly taken control since about the 20th minute, been impressed with Joe Aribo on his return and you feel that if something is going to happen then its coming through him

As for the rest we're just too slow at moving the ball - I commented yesterday during the Sunderland game that I couldnt understand how much space there was compared to games we play, its surely because we get the ball and then stop to look for the pass which is allowing the opposition to get back into position

Think we can certainly win this one and whilst Josh Parker has had some poor moments I think he needs to get closer to Taylor, when your trying to flick the ball on for him you cant have a gap that'll fit a bus as its never going to come off
  • Options
    Really poor half from us. Still think we are a better team when we play with wingers, especially now we have two strikers who can head a ball
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Davo55 said:
    Lyle is a great player at this level and a great bloke too, but he really needs to cut out the little niggles that bring him so many yellows. He was a bit unlucky to get that one today but he could have avoided giving the ref the chance. 
    He got in a minor tangle trying to win the ball back - not really even a foul. 

He then sat on the ground while three Blackpool players surrounded him and tried to provoke a reaction out of him - I’m pretty sure one had a little kick at him. You could see he wanted to react but he stayed sat on the ground and was careful not to do anything that might be interpreted as reacting. 

He he then got booked. 

If sitting on the ground looking frustrated is now a bookable offence then fair enough, but I’m pretty sure it isn’t, in which case Taylor literally couldn’t have done anymore to avoid getting booked. 

Usual dog shit refereeing, saw some sought of  incident, didn’t really see what happened, booked one from each side to keep up the facade of authority. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sammy391 said:
    Ridiculous question . But what happens should Taylor get another booking this game? 
    Id presume it would be another three match ban as would be a sneaky way to avoid missing a game
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    It'd be two games for the red as it would be hus second of the season. They'll probably add on another two matches for the accumulated yellows.

If Roland is on the disciplinary panel it'll be a 12-game ban ...
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

He then sat on the ground while three Blackpool players surrounded him and tried to provoke a reaction out of him - I’m pretty sure one had a little kick at him. You could see he wanted to react but he stayed sat on the ground and was careful not to do anything that might be interpreted as reacting. 

He he then got booked. 

If sitting on the ground looking frustrated is now a bookable offence then fair enough, but I’m pretty sure it isn’t, in which case Taylor literally couldn’t have done anymore to avoid getting booked. 

Usual dog shit refereeing, saw some sought of  incident, didn’t really see what happened, booked one from each side to keep up the facade of authority. 
    Exactly this! I think the FA should be looking at why players get so many bookings.....the standard of refereeing is the reason why! For a good 5 -10 mins in that half he completely lost control of the game!
  • Options
    I could see that booking coming for Lyle. He was petulant and the refs will bite on that every time, especially with him.
  • Options
    Let’s hope it’s a game of two halves.
  • Options
    Rob said:
    I could see that booking coming for Lyle. He was petulant and the refs will bite on that every time, especially with him.
    He does need to do something about that. We can’t afford to lose him for suspensions.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    We felt like the away side that half. Hopefully Bowyer's lulling them into a false sense of security but I have my doubts.
  • Options
    Luton score anyone 
  • Options
    Poor showing. Too many misplaced passes & only Williams is prepared to shoot........apart from fecking Reeves who from 20 yards out decides to replicate Nicky Bailey's effort some years ago.  Absolute useless twonk.

0-0 written all over it. 
  • Options
    Mark Marshall coming on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    cafc_se7 said:
    Davo55 said:

He he then got booked. 

Exactly this! I think the FA should be looking at why players get so many bookings.....the standard of refereeing is the reason why! For a good 5 -10 mins in that half he completely lost control of the game!
    Also, at least three cynical fouls from Blackpool players in that half well worthy of bookings but let go.

it really matters as we only get so many chances to attack on the break which is when we look most threatening. Teams being allowed to just foul someone in the build up to stop our attacks seriously handicaps us. If they all get booked early, it makes it more likely we’ll be able to attack unhindered in the second half. Now though, Blackpool get to foul away in the second half too. 
  • Options
    Marshall out warming up, tracksuit off.

He's obviously coming on, who's going off?
  • Options
    stevec said:
    Luton score anyone 
    Winning 1-0
  • Options
    Love our 20 minute half times
  • Options
    Marshall out warming up, tracksuit off.

He's obviously coming on, who's going off?
    Id say Parker
  • Options
    The Addicks are making a sub at the break. Mark Marshall will replace Ben Reeves. #cafc
  • Options
    To have a decent crowd and not turn up is so poor. The only positive, its 0-0.

• Options
    Luton and Barnsley both 1 up, Posh 0-0 at Oxford.
  • Options
    Crossbar challenge still hasn't started
  • Options
    Ps.....

If Taylor gets a 2nd yelow & therefore misses the next game, does that mean he will be on 10 yellows??   And if so does he then miss another 2  ??does 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!