Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BMI Regional suspends operations

Another one bites the dust. Challenging times for airlines....

Comments

• Options
    BMI havent done well for a while though

I remember them being quite a big British Airline around 2004 as applied for a job with them over @ Heathrow - they went downhill from International Flights from there and became the Regional one they had been of late with quite small aircraft
  • Options
    I never booked flights with them after the doctor told me I must cut my BMI.
  • Options
    The original BMI was acquired by IAG, the group that owns BA and Iberia, in 2012, and was then integrated into BA.

BMI Regional was a subsidiary of the original BMI but has been a standalone airline since 2012.

Very difficult for smaller operators like this to turn a profit when the likes of Ryanair and easyJet keep pushing down prices.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    The original BMI was acquired by IAG, the group that owns BA and Iberia, in 2012, and was then integrated into BA.

BMI Regional was a subsidiary of the original BMI but has been a standalone airline since 2012.

Very difficult for smaller operators like this to turn a profit when the likes of Ryanair and easyJet keep pushing down prices.
    The air passenger taxes have had a big impact too