Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Could CAFC Fans Afford Premier League Season Tickets If We Ever Got Back?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Well I was paying £525 for a season ticket 12 years ago, so I guess we would jump at those prices in 20 years time.
  • Options
    When we get back to the Premiership, all the big teams will have left for the European super league, the Sky money will have dried up, and ticket prices will be on a par with now...
  • Options

I decided to crunch some data. I looked at season ticket prices for all PL clubs in 2018-19 and made some guesses.  I assume our season tickets in the PL would be in the lower half of ticket prices in the PL but not too low given we are London. Using this data and guessing a little, I have come up with the following estimates of what CAFC might charge for Adult tickets if we ever made it back.

Zone 1 (West /East) : $999
    Zone 2 (W/E): $699
    Zone 3: (W/E, NWQ, Upper North): $599
    Zone 4: Family, Lower North : $399

$399 would rank as the 6th lowest priced cheap ticket in all the PL. 7th is Everton at $485. The $999 best seats would be about the middle of most expensive, but the cheapest among all London PL clubs. Fulham's most expensive is $1149!

How would this impact you all? Would we even sell out The Valley? Prices have changed a lot since 2007.

Popped to the Bureau de Change 
    Zone 1 (West /East) : $999 = £772.97
    Zone 2 (W/E): $699 = £540.85
    Zone 3: (W/E, NWQ, Upper North): $599 = £463.47
    Zone 4: Family, Lower North : $399 = £308.69
  • Options
    We are a championship club.

We need to stay in the 2nd Division. Slowly build ourselves up for 5 or so years.

Then when the time is right. Try and get back to the premiership.

I would honestly just be happy enough as it is really where we belong.

We are not a league one or premier League side.
  • Options
    If the premier league was to gain more teams like the charltons/Leeds/millwalls/Sheffield untied , I feel it would bring back a sense of realness or “non plastic” to the league! 

Teams who who have fans who fight for the teams and club, not just against not winning! Teams who have actual history - not trophy history but community and club history
  • Options
    I decided to crunch some data. I looked at season ticket prices for all PL clubs in 2018-19 and made some guesses.  I assume our season tickets in the PL would be in the lower half of ticket prices in the PL but not too low given we are London. Using this data and guessing a little, I have come up with the following estimates of what CAFC might charge for Adult tickets if we ever made it back.

Zone 1 (West /East) : £999
    Zone 2 (W/E): £699
    Zone 3: (W/E, NWQ, Upper North): £599
    Zone 4: Family, Lower North : £399

£399 would rank as the 6th lowest priced cheap ticket in all the PL. 7th is Everton at £485. The £999 best seats would be about the middle of most expensive, but the cheapest among all London PL clubs. Fulham's most expensive is £1149!

How would this impact you all? Would we even sell out The Valley? Prices have changed a lot since 2007.
    I don’t get this at all ? So you’ve made up/guessed some prices for a hypothetical situation and then asked if people can afford it. Scratching my head here ... do you not have better things to do ?
    There are 100 people here who have thousands of posts and you wonder... "Gee, doesn't he have better things to do?" Seriously? This whole board is for people who "don't have better things to do," including YOU! LOL.
  • Options
    Under this clown of an owner, by the time we get there prices will be double that!
    Yeah, I should have mentioned that all this is not possible under current ownership, but almost figured that was a given.
  • Options
    Don’t think I’d bother with the kids ST’s if we ever got back to the prem given the lack of Saturday 3pm games 
    Your kids will be adults by then , unless you’re gonna continue reproducing in to old age 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    We are a championship club.

We need to stay in the 2nd Division. Slowly build ourselves up for 5 or so years.

Then when the time is right. Try and get back to the premiership.

I would honestly just be happy enough as it is really where we belong.

We are not a league one or premier League side.
    I would genuinely be happy to get back to and stay in the championship averaging c20k crowds, we'd have some cracking games.
  • Options
    Don’t think I’d bother with the kids ST’s if we ever got back to the prem given the lack of Saturday 3pm games 
    Your kids will be adults by then , unless you’re gonna continue reproducing in to old age
    haha - no chance of that anymore!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In answer to the question - I probably could. I'm not sure if I would though.
  • Options
    You forgot to include concessions for over 65s or 70’s as the majority on CL will be a lot older by the time PL arrives. 
  • Options
    As pensioners my wife and I currently pay 550.00 between us to sit in the east stand.Got to be honest that wouldincrease dramatically in the Premier league.Not sure the entertainment would be worth it.Outside top 3-4 clubs most games are mundane crap,featuring players with unpronouncable  names who are nothing more than mercenaries lucky enough to have shyster agents that pull the wool over the eyes of gullible clubs.Championship would do fine for me.