Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Where are you from?

13»

Comments

• Options

Bournemouth.

I'm not.

• Options
    My American wife did it and got Plymouth. Not sure how that works!
    Mayflower pilgrims left from there
  • Options
    Got me spot on, Greater Manchester, even having lived in London and Kent for over 40 years now!
  • Options
    can access the article and then the 2nd link 'born in the UK' doesn't work ?!?!
  • Options
    can access the article and then the 2nd link 'born in the UK' doesn't work ?!?!
    If you have a windows computer you have to open the website in chrome
  • Options
    I got Luton, London and Dover. Born and bred in SE London so can't fault it.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    me ? .. Lewisham/Blackheath borders 
    In the sixties, when first married, we lived in a block of flats at the top of Lewisham Hill, literally bordering the heath. I think they were council-owned as the rents were damned reasonable. My wife was a middle-class Tory and claimed we lived in Blackheath. I was working-class and a Labour activist. I claimed to live in Lewisham.

Our neighbour downstairs, a retired solicitor and local historian, told us that the parish boundary ran through our flat and there could be a fault-line running through our double bed.

I would add that I did not become a Charlton supporter because we moved there. On the contrary, we moved there because I was already an Addick, despite my wife wanting to live nearer Croydon. I am proud to say I rescued her from her Palarse family and she became a keen addick, even to travelling to away reserve games with me. She had the hots for Harry Gregory and Graham Moore.
    I am from the other side of the heath, Quentin Road/Lee Terrace along from the top of Belmont Hill .. Quentin Rd is SE13, Lee Terrace and the next and opposite roads are SE3 .. Mamma (lol) like your wife, always claimed we lived in posh Blackheath despite contrary geographic/borough boundary evidence. Her family were from Deptford and Bermondsey and were Millwall, albeit not fanatically .. my great grandad was a docker who'd retired to a nice Charlton council flat about a 10 minute walk from the Valley, no matter he was Millwall and took me to my first games at the old Den, I must have been about five. 
    Swedish Gaza (a k a @ElfsborgAddick) is from just down the road from me. Be interesting to see what part of the world the AI App decides he is from ((:>)
  • Options
    Got Reading as the main answer, but two other hot spots around Sussex and Hampshire on the map. Was born in Fareham, grew up in Crawley and have lived in London for near 20yrs. Have been to Reading a few times to see the mighty CAFC and to the festival twice, so obviously picked up a bit of the local slang!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Came out Essex/Brighton... Bromley can be a bit "Essex-y" nowadays but this has come as a bit of a hammer blow.
  • Options
    Portsmounth and Bath are the two areas named on the map. I'm from Horley originally and grew up between Horley, Crawley and Horsham... So yeah, very inaccurate.
  • Options
    Probably Plymouth, New Jersey or something. They've nicked all our other place names
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Edit *Plymouth, Massachusetts*
  • Options
    Born and brought up in Charlton, had to be right
  • Options
    I grew up in the West Midlands, living with parents and grand parents from South London, but with a bunch of friends from the North East. It didn't have a clue where I was from.
  • Options
    Mine was London which is correct
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited February 2019
    Darkest in Laaaannnnnden you slags 

bit in kent, some weirdly in Norfolk 
  • Options
    Assume you have never heard of the Mayflower?
    Don’t think she’s from the 17th century but I can ask!