Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alan McCormack

2»

Comments

• Options

The offence people took over McCormack was laughable.
    Fans getting the hump he had the temerity to be out having a meal with his mrs after we had lost was so odd .

Nah I got it, we'd just been humiliated as I remember and he put something out about how excited he was for taking his missus up the Oxo

which is fine but having garnered a load of Charlton supporters on his Twitter account probably wasn't the most sensible life choice he'd made. That didn't make him a bad player though, and the reaction was massively Over the tip and standard Charlton-y
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    He actually put his body on the line a lot for us and bagged a few goals didn't he?

Edit.
    Just one goal.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    I'd like to think if I was a professional footballer I'd have either the mental fortitude to let comments about how shit I played wash over me and not bite or resist the urge to read them 

Francis was crap for us, no two ways about that. It's amazing how some players suit certain clubs but I questioned how we was a full back. In fairness to him he has looked decent all the time he has been at Bournemouth and a guy at work who is a massive Southend fan thought he was one of the best full backs they have ever had and said his delivery was the best aspect of his game. I thought he was crap, offered nothing offensively and was lightweight defensively but what do I know
    Francis was never as bad as some make out but with the constant heckling from his own fans his confidence evaporated. Some of the morons who support Charlton seem to think slagging off players within earshot is going to help and unsurprisingly it doesn't.

McCormack was a pretty average player but his worst crime seems to have been to have gone out for a meal after we lost.

We have a lot of fans with anger issues.
  • Options
    I think most of us are just angry with the owner at the moment...
  • Options
    I actually think McCormack, Francis and Clarke are amongst the biggest examples, in recent years, of how bad some managers, even SCP, are at coaching and tactical flexability.

You even see it with Pepe to a much lesser degree.  90% of managers can't coach players to a system or improve players by more than a nominal amount.

It's no coincidence that our last 4 promotions were gained when the incumbent manager brought in the majority of the players to play their own system.  You will see, of course, young players improve with game time and training with "men" and better players. The only Charlton manager, I can think of, in recent times that failed with a squad he crafted was Pardew in the championship.

The last group of mature players I remember improving was the set Curbs had when Les Reed was at the club.

Very few managers can drill a random group of players into a team.  That's why Big Sam, Pulis and Colin are never out of work long.