Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Mike Dean on 99

2»

Comments

• I so wish Poch had properly chinned him at Burnley.
  • Going forward, if I was a Premier League player and Dean was approaching to card me after a horrendous tackle, I'd just say to him that he was the irresponsible one for standing on a terrace barrier, celebrating wildly. I'd point out that he clearly did not risk assess the situation and, had he fallen off he would've put countless individuals at risk of injury. I'd then produce my own yellow or red card and wave it in his face, see how he likes it.

Unprofessional and irresponsible. 

• How will you celebrate if we qualify for Wembley @Macronate?
  • Don't give ideas to Mike Dean FFS
  • edited May 2019
    Have to say that celebration looked somewhat contrived and went on for too long into the bargain.
    Got the impression it was OTT and that he was playing up for someone or something.....I don’t know which.
    Should have been carded for simulation.
  • I see he's with his mate, Simon Cowell, at Wembley

• Addickted said:
    I see he's with his mate, Simon Cowell, at Wembley

And Martina Navratilova (just above his head)
  • Sponsored links:

• Mike Dean is set to end his 28-year career as a professional official.

Dean, 55, became a dedicated Premier League video assistant referee last season after hanging up his whistle at the end of the 2021-22 campaign.

He began officiating in 1985 and progressed from refereeing in the Football League 10 years later to Premier League officiating in 2000.

The Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) say Dean will leave the organisation this summer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66213193