Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Fridge/Freezer

I have a Fridge/Freezer which is Eleven years old and seen to be on the way out.It is a Hotpoint Ice Diamond. So! it seems like I shall have to spend soon to replace it. Any recomendations for makes/models about £300,good or bad.

Comments

• Is that an Indesit Proposal?
  • Ooh how about a nice pretty green one, go well with the drapes!.
  • Funnily enough I bought a new fridge freezer only last week. Unfortunately it developed a serious fault and I had to take it back. Every time I closed the door the light went out!
  • Funnily enough I bought a new fridge freezer only last week. Unfortunately it developed a serious fault and I had to take it back. Every time I closed the door the light went out!
    How did you know the light had gone out

Or is it one with a little person inside shouting "I cant see; I cant see" when the door is closed?
  • Sent our Smeg back as door kept opening on its own. Got a big double fronted stainless steel Samsung now, for the same price as the Smeg, and couldnt be happier with it
  • Just go to John Lewis. Sales assistants that know their products and fair prices.
  • Sponsored links:

• Of all the appliances fridge freezers tend to go wrong the least (unless American with dispensers etc). Chances are a simple Beko one would do you fine. 

Or is it one with a little person inside shouting "I cant see; I cant see" when the door is closed?
    I think your post is worthy of a whoosh......but only you'll know that for sure.

I think your post is worthy of a whoosh......but only you'll know that for sure.
    The person who where to Whoosh my post would be at danger of a double whoosh
  • Talal said:
    Of all the appliances fridge freezers tend to go wrong the least (unless American with dispensers etc). Chances are a simple Beko one would do you fine. 
    I used to like our old Beko fridge. Until they started sponsoring Millwall then everything tasted tainted.
  • Redrobo said:
    Just go to John Lewis. Sales assistants that know their products and fair prices.
    They were also the best value for taking the old one away last time I looked too.
  • Got a Beko now and had one before this, that lasted 10 years. Good value at reasonable price. Currys sell them. 
  • edited March 2019
    Talal said:
    Of all the appliances fridge freezers tend to go wrong the least (unless American with dispensers etc). Chances are a simple Beko one would do you fine. 
    Yes, fridges are incredibly simple so there is little to go wrong. Mind you, you don't want plastic backed ones. £300 would put you in the market for one of the cheaper fridge freezers but nothing to fear about that. I know somebody who got a Lec TFL55148W and they are happy with it, and it seems to have good reviews - it should cost about £250 to £260. I think it is frost free too which makes life easier.
  • Fisher & Paykel RF540ADUX4 

But make sure you're sitting down before you look at the price ticket. 

• Cannot afford John Lewis Prices
  • Can get one with ab ice machine for circa £300. For anyone that has one, do they need to be piped into the mains or can you fill it up manually? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Can get one with ab ice machine for circa £300. For anyone that has one, do they need to be piped into the mains or can you fill it up manually? 
    Those ice machines are a proper ballache, I suggest you get a normal freezer and ice trays.
  • Derek1952 said:
    Cannot afford John Lewis Prices
    Go on line AOL do one A+ for £199 delivered and for £30 they will fit the new one and take away the old one.
  • https://ao.com is a good place to shop online. Got an oven and a washing machine from there, the service is fine and you can get some good deals