Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Protest against Roland at the Portsmouth match

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Shrew said:
    Working in the disability and mental health sector,personally I'm really uncomfortable with any white coat or straight jacket costumes being used in the name of humour. 
    I disagree with you, for most of us its when we lose our Sense of humour that mental health issues kick in. 
    Having also been around disturbed people, (not just at the valley !) the importance of not taking yourself so serious is not emphasised enough by some mental health professionals.  A Wellbeing program worked for me as it  shifted the black cloud by replacing it with a lighter version. I found ways to deal with stresses and understand it all part of our own soap opera with shades of light and dark.

I understand the point your making but we're getting to the stage when only Politicians can be mocked. 

Ps. Mental health issues through class A drugs are self inflicted in most cases.
    I completely understand your thoughts and believe me I'm around lots of sense of humour on the subject, but mental health images and ridicule are not a good combination. Fuck Off Roland is fine with me.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Mametz said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Calling people senile as an insult might not be a good idea. Dementia or Alzheimer’s not to be joked about. 
    I do understand where you are coming from on this but virtually   any short statement of complaint against Roland will contain something that someone somewhere will find offensive. Something like “ Time to go “ or “ Sell up now”  is so anodyne as to be pointless. 

Given Roland’s mad ramblings this week, I think that many people could believe that the 72 year old is indeed in the grip of mental degeneration.

I think he’s showing bad judgement and character flaws, rather than mental degeneration. 
    I think that when an organ as august as The Guardian describes his proposals as tragicomic and preposterous, it has gone a bit further than bad judgement.
  • Options
    cafckev said:
    Wasn't projecting messages onto the stands mentioned previously?
    A Roland Out message permanently displayed onto the pitch from one of the flats before the kick off maybe.
    How would sky get around that?
    I mentioned projection bombing a few years ago when protest ideas were being banded about.
    not sure of costs or whether the floodlights would nullify the intended effect.
  • Options
    Mametz said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Mametz said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Calling people senile as an insult might not be a good idea. Dementia or Alzheimer’s not to be joked about. 
    I do understand where you are coming from on this but virtually   any short statement of complaint against Roland will contain something that someone somewhere will find offensive. Something like “ Time to go “ or “ Sell up now”  is so anodyne as to be pointless. 

Given Roland’s mad ramblings this week, I think that many people could believe that the 72 year old is indeed in the grip of mental degeneration.

I think he’s showing bad judgement and character flaws, rather than mental degeneration. 
    I think that when an organ as august as The Guardian describes his proposals as tragicomic and preposterous, it has gone a bit further than bad judgement.
    Agreed. I wasn’t trying to underplay his stupidity and foolishness, but I think dementia would be an excuse that he doesn’t deserve. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Why not delay the games kick off by turning up 10 mins before the game starts forcing kick off time to be put back and pissing off sky
  • Options
    How would turning up 10 mins. before kick off delay the start of the game? Sky (or the EFL) couldn't care less if 10 people or 10,000 people are in the stadium at 5.30 pm - the game will still begin on time.
  • Options
    Pissing off Sky shouldn’t be the target anyway. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The way to annoy Roland is to oblige him to spend a fortune on security.
    The Boy Who Cried Wolf is a good story in this regard.
    Well six of us are dropping a massive banner from the roof of the East Stand if that will help increase security.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    The way to annoy Roland is to oblige him to spend a fortune on security.
    The Boy Who Cried Wolf is a good story in this regard.
    Well six of us are dropping a massive banner from the roof of the East Stand if that will help increase security.
    Don't think I'm giving you a bunk up, Large ! 
  • Options
    Pitch invasion. No ifs, no buts.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What about a Chad banner saying wot no Roland unfurled above the directors box?
  • Options
    Roland really doesn't want to get promoted so that would seem a great way to get to him
  • Options
    As for the Benny Hill idea, not a problem finding scantily clad women at The Valley, might have a problem finding a bald bloke.
  • Options
    do think its a chance on sky, but we lose to pompey and go on a run of bad results and not get playoffs then will cause carnage between fans. 
  • Options
    We do have to be careful. I think some sort of visual protest from the stands would probably be covered by sky.
  • Options
    The method of protest needs to focus. Protests in games, around the team are playing into Roland’s hands. The protests need to directly at him, especially they need to effect him. The association between him and Charlton needs to be played down. He even confirms he has no interest in Charlton.
  • Options
    do think its a chance on sky, but we lose to pompey and go on a run of bad results and not get playoffs then will cause carnage between fans. 

This. If there is a protest and Charlton don’t win then whatever the real reason it will 100% be the fault of the protesters.

If somebody did want to make a point then after the game when the sky pundits are summing up the match with what is normally an empty stadium in the background and the cameras only have a groundman or two to focus upon would probably be a more effective time. There’s no point heading for the station anyway, the queues will be lengthy for a good half hour after the match. Hanging around in your seat a little longer and cheering and clapping the team off, making a lot of noise will mean the stands won’t be empty when Sky comes back from the end of match break. Stay off the pitch though, we need that in pristine condition for the rest of the season which could be extended if the other teams above us don’t start dropping points.
  • Options

This. If there is a protest and Charlton don’t win then whatever the real reason it will 100% be the fault of the protesters.

If somebody did want to make a point then after the game when the sky pundits are summing up the match with what is normally an empty stadium in the background and the cameras only have a groundman or two to focus upon would probably be a more effective time. There’s no point heading for the station anyway, the queues will be lengthy for a good half hour after the match. Hanging around in your seat a little longer and cheering and clapping the team off, making a lot of noise will mean the stands won’t be empty when Sky comes back from the end of match break. Stay off the pitch though, we need that in pristine condition for the rest of the season which could be extended if the other teams above us don’t start dropping points.
    usually i am all for protests, but saturday is about getting a result against pompey as i think we win and play offs are a certainty, also last year was pretty lively, so as the poster says train station will be carnage. 
  • Options
    Saturday must be all about winning. Wrong match to protest imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I went to Belgium (Brussels) last Christmas and saw the famous pissing boy fountain. What was interesting was to learn that people dress the boy from time to time. Might be good for him to wear a Roland Out T-shirt sometime!
  • Options
    I went to Belgium (Brussels) last Christmas and saw the famous pissing boy fountain. What was interesting was to learn that people dress the boy from time to time. Might be good for him to wear a Roland Out T-shirt sometime!

......and fill it up with vinegar just to get the full effect