Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Switching from match thread to post match views

Mainly for @LoOkOuT and @AFKABartram and just a request really.

After a match ends, could you leave the match thread open for a few minutes after the post match thread has started?
I found this week that if I start writing a comment and the thread is closed before I send it, I can’t access what I’ve written, save it or copy and paste it. Not a massive problem, but could be annoying if you’re writing a lengthy post. Doesn’t need much, just a grace period of 5 minutes or so.

cheers.
 :) 

Comments

• I'm on my mobile but I need it known that I have both liked and lolled every post on this thread so far 
  • @lordromford

Its a tough one m'Lord. I know its hard to believe, but this is not a slick, well oiled media operation. Quite opposite in fact :-)

I historically start these threads but as I now go with my kids its it proving difficult post game to walk out through the hoards holding my kids hands, trying to type away with a wife politely telling me to put that f****** phone away.

So it gets shared around now in a particularly disorganised sense (when I remember to say can someone start the post match thread, normally with about 10 mins notice). We are reliant on others being online and available at the time, which isn't always the case.  

Regardless of when its started. Everyone knows that a PMT is imminent after a game. Full time on the match thread should really be about initial celebration / gloom reaction, and thanking those who participated. Any real match thoughts should be for the PMT.

Its a pain I appreciate when a thread is closed but that would be the case whenever the thread is closed. In that instance, you could always highlight what you typed and hit copy, that way if the thread closes you only have to then paste it into the PMT one.

Hope that helps

• @lordromford

Its a tough one m'Lord. I know its hard to believe, but this is not a slick, well oiled media operation. Quite opposite in fact :-)

I historically start these threads but as I now go with my kids its it proving difficult post game to walk out through the hoards holding my kids hands, trying to type away with a wife politely telling me to put that f****** phone away.

So it gets shared around now in a particularly disorganised sense (when I remember to say can someone start the post match thread, normally with about 10 mins notice). We are reliant on others being online and available at the time, which isn't always the case.  

Regardless of when its started. Everyone knows that a PMT is imminent after a game. Full time on the match thread should really be about initial celebration / gloom reaction, and thanking those who participated. Any real match thoughts should be for the PMT.

Its a pain I appreciate when a thread is closed but that would be the case whenever the thread is closed. In that instance, you could always highlight what you typed and hit copy, that way if the thread closes you only have to then paste it into the PMT one.

Hope that helps

I get that.
    To be fair, I just felt it needed pointing out as I imagine you probably hadn’t really thought about it (nor would I expect you to have done) and, apart from anything else, it’s not that big an issue anyway. After all, it never happened to me until this week.

Your solution at the end would make sense, but when typing my post on Saturday, the screen went a bit weird - all the previous posts were overlaid on top of my post and I was unable to write, delete, highlight or anything. It may be because I was on my phone or even that this was unrelated to the thread closing, but I assumed at the time that thread closure caused the problem.

All I was suggesting was that once the PMT is opened, the match thread could be left open temporarily. If the PMT is open, I always post there, as I think most would. But if I post in the match thread and once it’s posted I see the PMT is now open, I could copy and paste it over as you suggested, but that would be on me.

Anyway, it doesn’t really matter. If it’s a pain in the ‘arris, don’t worry about it. I appreciate that and what you lot put into the site. Maybe I’ll just start a PMT myself in future! (I’ve never done this because it feels like treading on someone’s toes, somehow!)

cheers.
  • @lordromford
    you online this evening? Want to take care of tonight’s one?
  • Haha! Ok, I’ll do it if nobody else gets there first!   :)
  • @lordromford

Its a tough one m'Lord. I know its hard to believe, but this is not a slick, well oiled media operation. 

So we are to believe the mods are not well oiled when they post...
  • @lordromford

Its a tough one m'Lord. I know its hard to believe, but this is not a slick, well oiled media operation. 

So we are to believe the mods are not well oiled when they post...