Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Vote for Lewis Page to win EFL goal of the year award

edited March 2019 in General Charlton
Page’s goal against Plymouth – which came in Lee Bowyer’s first match as Addicks caretaker boss last season – came about when a header from a Plymouth defender fell his way. He chested it down and allowed the ball to bounce once before unleashing a venomous shot into the top corner. 

The 10-goal shortlist will be cut to just five once voting closes on March 24th and the overall winner will then be announced on Sunday, April 7th at this year’s EFL awards.

To vote use the link below

https://clicks.online.efl.com/data_form/5c8a22612a70f694031695

Voting closes a midnight on Sunday, March 24th. 

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c8faec179252/vote-for-lewis-page-to-win-the-efl-goal-of-the-year-award

Comments

• Content not found, when I click on the link. 
  • I mean, I'm gonna vote for Page, but if the award isn't won by the Neves goal, then I'll be stunned. It's the best goal on the list by some distance.
  • Does Lewis Page still exist?
  • I've voted! A great goal which was on my birthday and so unexpected at that time.
  • edited March 2019
    Voted.  it was a great goal, but there are 5 or 6 better strikes in that video. Unfortunately.  
  • edited March 2019
    Stewart said:
    Voted.  it was a great goal, but there are 5 or 6 better strikes in that video. Unfortunately.  
    One reason I'd give it over the majority of others is the fact that Page is a Left-Back and was scoring his first ever goal

By rights that strike should have knocked me out in the East Stand!!
  • Not a single team goal in that video :(
  • Stewart said:
    One reason I'd give it over the majority of others is the fact that Page is a Left-Back and was scoring his first ever goal

By rights that strike should have knocked me out in the East Stand!!
    Completely agree with this.  Might not have been the most stunning of the group but given it was a LB who isn't know for scoring it was spectacular!
  • Sponsored links:

• The final five contenders for the award are:

John McGinn - ASTON VILLA v Sheffield Wednesday - 22 September 2018

Lewis Page - CHARLTON ATHLETIC v Plymouth Argyle - 24 March 2018

Pelly-Ruddock Mpanzu - LUTON TOWN v Crewe Alexandra - 14 April 2018

Adam Reach - SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY v West Bromwich Albion - 3 October 2018

Ruben Neves - WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS v Derby County - 11 April 2018

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c9b63d02214e/lewis-page-stunner-in-final-five-for-efl-goal-of-the-year
  • edited March 2019
    Great goal from Lord Lucan but John McGinn wins it I reckon. 
  • Awards are tonight
  • I’m really confused - why does it span 2 seasons?

if it’s a calendar year, why are the awards 4 months into the following year?

• Yes, weird to have a calendar year award, when their other awards tonight have been for this season!

Neves won the goal award btw, not that he would have particularly cared, 12 months after he scored it (and especially after today's result) whereas if he had won this last May, then he would probably have been delighted

• Uboat said:
    Poor Lewis. How will he ever console himself. 

Well, at least, judging by his belt, Line Of Duty fans will have another candidate for "H"...
  • Uboat said:
    Poor Lewis. How will he ever console himself. 

His other half (I presume) makes the effort for a night out for an awards dinner and he can’t put on a suit ?