Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jacinta Ardern - inspirational leadership.

At a time we have been sufferering from appalling and embarrassing national leadership, how refreshing and inpirational has Jacinta Ardern been in NZ? Her first words after expressing her heartfelt sorrow for what had happened was that their gun laws would change. She embraced those affected and has moved to change the gun law. Today she acknowledged the aim of the terrorist killer for notoriety and has said that she will never use his name but only those of the innocent victims. How we could do with such dynamic and brilliant leadership.

Comments

• Options
    She's a woman, of course she's an inspirational leader!   We have one of those ourselves... :-)

Joking aside, I do admire her. 

• Options
    Her ordinary Ness does make her easy to relate to. My only query would be why has it taken a mass murder for something to be done about the NZ gun laws.
  • Options
    Bang on @Cardinal Sin

Our pathetic leading politicians could learn a lot from her about decisive, compassionate leadership.
  • Options
    Whilst I do agree with most of the OP the words ‘horse’, ‘bolted’ and ‘stable door’ spring to mind regarding gun law reform. 
  • Options
    I fully agree with the OP, but I think as a thread it needs to be in the HoC group. And btw her name is spelt wrong.
  • Options
    Her ordinary Ness does make her easy to relate to. My only query would be why has it taken a mass murder for something to be done about the NZ gun laws.
    Because they had no reason to think the existing laws were inadequate. NZ was specifically chosen for shock value, because it is so surprising it could happen there. So she is acting to prevent it happening twice.
  • Options
    She is probably one of the few, perhaps only, true ‘statesmen’ in World politics. When she was elected Leader of the Labir party they were way, way behind in the polls, but pulled off a shock ‘victory’. She seems to be the kind of person you really want to know - kind, considerate, knows her direction but listens to others at the same time. Hopefully she is the start of a new breed. Love her!
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Because they had no reason to think the existing laws were inadequate. NZ was specifically chosen for shock value, because it is so surprising it could happen there. So she is acting to prevent it happening twice.
    Or perhaps NZ was chosen for the ease of access to semi-automatic weapons.
    It shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone in NZ that they are a target of terrorism. NZ has always provided forces in the fight against the Taliban and ISIS.
  • Options
    She is probably one of the few, perhaps only, true ‘statesmen’ in World politics. When she was elected Leader of the Labir party they were way, way behind in the polls, but pulled off a shock ‘victory’. She seems to be the kind of person you really want to know - kind, considerate, knows her direction but listens to others at the same time. Hopefully she is the start of a new breed. Love her!
    I think it is her accessibility to the public and down to earth nature that makes her so popular. The people here can relate to her which is something I never felt with UK politicians. Will be interesting to see how ppopular she remains when a decision is made next month on CGT. Irrespective of that though, her handling of the last week has been drawn admiration from everyone I’ve spoken to regardless of how they vote.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very impressive interview with Clive Myrie on the telly this morning, especially her answer to his last question.

• Options
    She continues to manage this thoughtfully and whole-heartedly. Very impressive and the gap to the rest is massive and obvious.