Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Valley Cup 27th May - 7 aside tournament

edited March 2019 in General Charlton
Is Charlton Life going to enter a team?

Do you think you’ve got what it takes to be crowned the champions of SE7? This is your chance to compete at The Valley!

On Monday, May 27th, we will be hosting the first ever Valley Cup, giving supporters the chance to compete in a 7-a-side tournament on the hallowed turf.

Entry for the tournament is priced at £200 per team and there is a maximum of 10 players per squad, all of which must be over the age of 18.

Teams will compete in a group stage and then, dependant on their league position at the end of group matches, they can qualify for the knockout rounds.

All teams will have access to the home and away dressing rooms, dugouts and a hospitality lounge. Each team will also have their photo taken in front of the famous North Stand or ‘Covered End’ as it is known by fans.

The winners of the tournament will win £500 and be awarded with the first ever Valley Cup trophy. Winners & runners-up will receive medals. Friends and family are welcome to come and watch at The Valley for free.

To book your team’s place, please visit our ticketing website

Comments

• Options
    Money going to the club?
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Should they win it, there would be a complete meltdown at Duchataway mansions and a news blackout on the OS. 😂😂😂
    I've an idea for the shirt design, pm for details 😜
  • Options
    Most people will be too hungover from the previous nights victory over Sunderland
  • Options
    Wonder if the First Team will enter seeing thats the number of players we'll no doubt have come then
  • Options
    Wonder if there will be a RolandOut team?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    The day after CAFC win the play off final at Wembley (not sure any Lifers will be in a fit state to play football). :):)
  • Options
    If Charltonlife are doing a team count me in
  • Options
    NOT A PENNY MORE UNTIL THE DECREPIT LYING OLD TWUNT IS GONE FOR GOOD
    Any relaxing of this for any reason at all is appeasement of the loathsome scumbag tantamount to endorsing everything he has done and continues to do.
    Not so much lying with the dog so much as feeding and petting the cur while it pisses on your shoes, shits on your carpet and savages your children.
    Everything changes the minute he's gone, but not a second sooner.
    No exceptions, no excuses, no forgiveness, never forgotten.
  • Options
    Any relaxing of this for any reason at all is appeasement of the loathsome scumbag tantamount to endorsing everything he has done and continues to do.
    Not so much lying with the dog so much as feeding and petting the cur while it pisses on your shoes, shits on your carpet and savages your children.
    So that’s a yes then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Can I put you down as a maybe then?
  • Options
    Don't give em your money.
  • Options
    If Charltonlife are doing a team count me in
    Guess not then
  • Options
    Call me Mr Cynic but.... a stampede of groups of people got themselves organised, filled a team, stumped up £200 to sell an event out in less than 24hrs? Really??

unless it’s a carve up with the usual club friendly companies, something don’t sound right to me. Why no mention of the number of teams? Why if there was such great demand did they not tweak the format to maximise more? 

All very odd. I reckon the number of genuine supporters teams will amount to the number of fingers in a pair of mittens 
  • Options
    Call me Mr Cynic but.... a stampede of groups of people got themselves organised, filled a team, stumped up £200 to sell an event out in less than 24hrs? Really??

unless it’s a carve up with the usual club friendly companies, something don’t sound right to me. Why no mention of the number of teams? Why if there was such great demand did they not tweak the format to maximise more? 

All very odd. I reckon the number of genuine supporters teams will amount to the number of fingers in a pair of mittens 
    Mr Cynic

But you make a good point. It does seem a very quick turnaround but who knows.

Can't say I'm really bothered though.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Nor am I I hasten to add
  • Options
    this sounds like the classic company vacancy that was advertised internally a month before,

My money is on Keohane Rovers lifting the cup after narrowly beating Club Shop Kenny Town in the final....
  • Options
    Strange as well that if as a club event aimed at supporters (and I assume to be profitable) would they put up chunky prize money when they could easily award in a non-financial way*

* I don’t mean that @DaveMehmet

• Options
    They saw on here that CL might enter a team, got worried and closed the entry :wink: