Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life STATBANK after 38 games...(who is going to win player of the year?)

2»

Comments

• Options
    at the moment its Sarr.
    from that howler making nervous squad player to the commanding, skilful and charismatic centre back we have seen these last few months is a remarkable turnaround. just shows what kind of person he is to come back and shows what a run in the team can do for young player with that kind of attitude and talent.

joint second is Taylor and Aribo. both have great talent. Taylor has gone off the boil a bit for me recently but is still pushing up there for his willingness, desire and cockiness. Aribo for his natural ability and his recent performances of being able to stay involved throughout a game. 

then there's Cullen. wish he was our player. he's been brilliant in a lot of the games he's played. could nick it from the three above for me if he consistently performs as he has done. it's all to play for.

• Options
    Lyle Taylor, baby.  Don’t @ me.
  • Options
    Karlan Grant Sarr or Taylor for me at the moment. Unlike other years there are certainly a number of worthy candidates in the frame as mentioned.

Bit early to decide finally with 8 games to go still.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Karlan Grant Sarr or Taylor for me at the moment. Unlike other years there are certainly a number of worthy candidates in the frame as mentioned.

Bit early to decide finally with 8 games to go still.
    Yes, it'll probably go to the person who scores the winner at Wembley then removes his shirt to reveal a "Roland Out" slogan underneath...
  • Options
    Very interesting stats which perhaps show we possibly overrate Taylor a bit and underrate Cullen? Taylor is fantastic, always gives it his all and you can tell really cares for the club. Probably the best striker we've had in a long time but he no doubt can be a bit inconsistent at times. Sarr's probably on the best form but wasn't too great nearer the start of the season. If he keeps it up though he'll be in with a chance of my vote. Would probably say Bielek right now but if this injury is until the end of the season then I probably won't give it to him if others can step up. I think Taylor will win it and I'd have no complaints if he does, but my vote will probably go to Cullen.
  • Options
    Taylor sometimes misses out for not living up to his own high standards. So an ok game is marked lower for him by some IMO. If somebody forced me to vote now, I'd go with Taylor, although there is a lot of football still to be played.
  • Options
    Can't see beyond Taylor myself at the moment. Has struggled a little in recent games but mainly due to lacking a viable partner or people who can give him decent service. Wonder how good Sarr would look on his own at the back or Cullen in midfield without us playing a system which will outnumber opponents there. People rarely take into account our tactics and formation when giving marks. Often the reason Solly and Purrington are marked down, wen our system plays on the basis they will be isolated at times. 
  • Options
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Taylor for me, he is the one who has given me most hope this season that we can go up, plus he can be a catalyst for the entire team. 

A slight irony is, he couldn't be marked down for the games he missed due to his suspensions (which have harmed us). Having said that, if he cracks in more goals now and gets us promoted, he'll win it by a mile and rightly so.