Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Watching Football in Russia (Spartak Moscow)

I am off to Russia in a couple of weeks and my trip coincides with the Spartak Moscow v CSKA Moscow derby.   Although there's still work to be done convincing the other half, I am really keen to watch it live.  I wanted to ask the Charltonlife community for advice as it doesn't seem as straight forward as I'd hoped.

My main question is around tickets.  To buy from the official site, you have to set up an account, and verify it using a mobile number.  It's not accepting my UK mobile number, so I'm stuck.  Stubhub have tickets at a reasonable price, but I am reluctant to use secondary sellers.  Perhaps it's the only way?

Also, if anyone has been to see Spartak or any Russian Premier league matches, I'd be keen to hear your experiences.

Finally, has anyone got links to CAFC Moscow?  (  )  Would be great to see them play or have a kick about...

Comments

• I follow the CAFC Moscow guys on Instagram, they seem crazy! Not sure what the link between them & Charlton is but seems like they’re having fun!
  • they seem to hate wimbledon they had a banner saying wimbledon are crazy gays
  • They look bonkers.  I have messaged them on Instagram, so hopefully they get in touch.

Not sure why they hate Wimbledon so much.  Although I get the feeling they don't share the same family club image as CAFC "london", so probably hate most other teams as well lol
  • edited March 2019
    I sat next to some Moscow (CSKA I think) guys at the Nou Camp some years back. They were sticking fascist stickers everywhere, I was hoping they wouldn’t notice the red star on my hat lol. Treat with caution.
  • I am off to Russia in a couple of weeks and my trip coincides with the Spartak Moscow v CSKA Moscow derby.   Although there's still work to be done convincing the other half, I am really keen to watch it live.  I wanted to ask the Charltonlife community for advice as it doesn't seem as straight forward as I'd hoped.

My main question is around tickets.  To buy from the official site, you have to set up an account, and verify it using a mobile number.  It's not accepting my UK mobile number, so I'm stuck.  Stubhub have tickets at a reasonable price, but I am reluctant to use secondary sellers.  Perhaps it's the only way?

Also, if anyone has been to see Spartak or any Russian Premier league matches, I'd be keen to hear your experiences.

Finally, has anyone got links to CAFC Moscow?  (  )  Would be great to see them play or have a kick about...

To save a lot ot time, I'd buy on the day.  I am sure they will not sell out.

Cracker to do btw.
  • I am off to Russia in a couple of weeks and my trip coincides with the Spartak Moscow v CSKA Moscow derby.   Although there's still work to be done convincing the other half, I am really keen to watch it live.  I wanted to ask the Charltonlife community for advice as it doesn't seem as straight forward as I'd hoped.

Show her this, i'm sure she'll be persuaded.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SEosPWauTU
  • I think we now know who went to Belgium with spray paint ... <nods head>

I'm hoping she doesn't find that herself lol

I am not overly worried about hooliganism.  That might be a naive view (which is why I am interested if anyone has direct experience), but it's usual the hardcore fans going after each other, rather than unsuspecting tourists.

Thanks for all the other advice and comments 

The ticket inspectors have a tough job.
  • If anyone has Charlton Moscow on Instagram, they've got both their goals against Palace on their Insta story. Its better standard than i thought it would be.