Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Injury update-28/3/19

“Jonny Williams has trained this week and he looks good,” the Manager said. “He’ll be back in the squad on Saturday and Jake Forster-Caskey has started training with us this week.

“It’s going to be touch and go [whether Jake plays this season] and I have spoken to him about this already. I’d love to have Jake in the squad for selection before the end of the season because he is a good player and I really think highly of him. 

“He’s been out for a long time – since pre-season – and it all just depends on how he goes himself. He’s worked so hard to get to where he is, hopefully he does play this season but we can’t put a timeframe on it. 

“If he is ready and sharp and doing better than the other lads then he will be involved.”  

'Krystian has come back with a bad ankle,” Bowyer admitted. “It’s not too bad, he’ll miss this week but we are hopeful he will be back for Plymouth. 

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c9ca8a4f1cb2/jonny-williams-to-return-on-saturday-and-more-positive-news-for-jake-forster-caskey

Comments

• Options
    Couldnt agree more @soapboxsam

Seems to remember Rotherham having a huge dip in form (see link below) where they went on a bit of a poor run - It enabled us to slightly dream of getting fourth spot but ultimately it was due to them getting ready for the Play-Offs as they knew they were never going to catch the top three

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_Rotherham_United_F.C._season#Matches
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    What @soapboxsam said.   Another six points or so and our playoff spot is nailed on. Management of resources will be key. Our best available 11 is the team that started against Portsmouth the other week. They need to be protected. 
  • Options
    I suspect that the Charlton injury curse will provide "natural " squad rotation in the next month anyway...
  • Options
    I suspect that the Charlton injury curse will provide "natural " squad rotation in the next month anyway...
    This is our biggest threat to rotation and getting our strongest team to the play-offs
  • Options
    We will play Pompey - the only issue is whether we can get 4th and have the home leg last. 
    I agree we should rest players ready for 3 vital games at the end of the season.