Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Valley clean up March 89 + 1st game back

2»

Comments

• Options
    Brilliant photos. 
    Memories of the Director's wife here a fair way into the article:
    https://www.theblizzard.co.uk/article/chairmans-wife
    (Spoiler alert: it was all a PR exercise!)
  • Options
    Amazing photo's
  • Options
    great pics and I'm in there somewhere I know, would've been 15 at the time
  • Options
    Steve, can you email those to the museum please

cafchistorian@gmail.com
    They’re right there... 
  • Options
    Sark99 said:
    My photos of the Valley clean up day should be in the museum archive, along with a poem describing the day that I composed to go with the images. 
    Would be great to have the poem.

Excellent photos by the way CE.  Thanks.
  • Options
    Real community feeling back then...wonder if we will ever recover from this shitbag's reign
  • Options
    Sark99 said:
    My photos of the Valley clean up day should be in the museum archive, along with a poem describing the day that I composed to go with the images. 
    Please email them to the museum @Sark99

cafchistorian@gmail.com
  • Options
    Henry, I gave copies to #Paulfromtheheath, he should have the images. If not will
    try to find them.
  • Options
    Sark99 said:
    Henry, I gave copies to #Paulfromtheheath, he should have the images. If not will
    try to find them.
    Thanks @Sark99 , I'm sure Paul will have scanned them 
  • Options
    The museum have just been sent this by ED.  I though it might have been @Sark99 but it seems not.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great photos.
  • Options
    A guy I used to work with took a lot of photos that day. We were cleaning up the East Terrace. Ive lost touch with him but I think his brother probably reads CL. I wonder if he could supply some copies......RG if you're reading this maybe you could send in copies.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    The now defunct “Today” newspaper took pics of a few of us playing footy at the Jimmy Seed Stand end , thought I was gonna be in the paper but the pic was not used .

Edit : The “Today” newspaper ran from Feb 1986 to Nov 1995 and also sponsored the Football League 1986/7 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

• Options
    DA9 said:

Fantastic photos E. The QPR guy (Terry?) top left in the 2nd one and is that Keith at the front? How young does Macca look!!
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Fantastic photos E. The QPR guy (Terry?) top left in the 2nd one and is that Keith at the front? How young does Macca look!!
    Yes, Keith Hansen RIP and the QPR fella