Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton, Ebbsfleet now Bury (Clubs in trouble thread)

Comments

• Options
    Bolton announced signings with their teamsheet haha

✍️🏻 Bolton Wanderers are delighted to announce the following signings:

Harry Brockbank 👉🏻 https://t.co/K3LyfKkX6e
    Josh Earl 👉🏻 https://t.co/MpVyT69grh
    James Weir 👉🏻 https://t.co/SD4SJaiwMn

Earl is already injured and out for up to 3 months (their striker, Hall, is also out for the same lengths of time). They have suspended ticket sales for this weekends game too
    The decision to suspend ticket sales is nothing to do with the Coventry game being cancelled

It is a game going ahead
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Bolton announced signings with their teamsheet haha

✍️🏻 Bolton Wanderers are delighted to announce the following signings:

Harry Brockbank 👉🏻 https://t.co/K3LyfKkX6e
    Josh Earl 👉🏻 https://t.co/MpVyT69grh
    James Weir 👉🏻 https://t.co/SD4SJaiwMn

Earl is already injured and out for up to 3 months (their striker, Hall, is also out for the same lengths of time). They have suspended ticket sales for this weekends game too
    The decision to suspend ticket sales is nothing to do with the Coventry game being cancelled

It is a game going ahead
    Yeah - it is a strange decision, supposed to be an announcement today about it. Didn't realise that season tickets hadn't been put on sale, although that does make sense
  • Options
    Sad to hear some Bury fans have stepped up discussions on a phoenix club.

Yes, they spent beyond their means to secure promotion last season (part blame there for both the ownership and the EFL) but the biggest victims are the only people without blame. The fans.
    Do you not think they were tickled pick when the owner"spent beyond their means" to aim for promotion? Fans moan all the time about not enough spending. I feel bad for them but don't think they are "without blame."
    you really are utterly clueless aren't you.
  • Options

Yes, they spent beyond their means to secure promotion last season (part blame there for both the ownership and the EFL) but the biggest victims are the only people without blame. The fans.
    Do you not think they were tickled pick when the owner"spent beyond their means" to aim for promotion? Fans moan all the time about not enough spending. I feel bad for them but don't think they are "without blame."
    I had this same chat with some kid... the trouble is fans can moan about not spending but its down to the owners to spend within their means

Most arent going to care about the accounts and if they see Gareth Bale being signed arent going to worry about where the money is coming from and will presume they can be afforded
  • Options

I had this same chat with some kid... the trouble is fans can moan about not spending but its down to the owners to spend within their means

Most arent going to care about the accounts and if they see Gareth Bale being signed arent going to worry about where the money is coming from and will presume they can be afforded
    The thing is some people can be 'rich' and buy into a club and support the club financially from their own wealth, i.e. Roman Abramovich or the Sheikhs at City, Jack Walker etc. whereas other less scrupulous owners will load the debt onto the club or treat it as a loan.

It's not always clear if you're a fan how that will transpire as we are generally in the dark with these matters
  • Options
    Bury's next game has been cancelled

Now have 14-days to avoid being withdrawn from the League
  • Options

Bury;s game against Sheff Wed in the League cup next Tuesday has been postponed & Bury have until 23rd August to satisfy the EFL over insolvency, otherwise they will be suspended from the League altogether.

I read that as they have 2 weeks tomorrow to get everything done otherwise they are out. Clock is well & truly ticking.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Bolton Wanderers takeover has been suspended!!

Laurence Bassini has managed to get a court order to suspend the latest takeover

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49286229

Wonder if this means we'll start to see their games being postponed
  • Options
    Oztumer is stuck now.

Magennis got out in time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oztumer is stuck now.

Magennis got out in time.
    Unless he was our third posssible
  • Options
    When (Oz "it's not a" Tumer) was not paid, why did he not just.... leave? I doubt anyone could have stopped him. Doesn't not paying someone for 3 months end their contract?
  • Options
    When (Oz "it's not a" Tumer) was not paid, why did he not just.... leave? I doubt anyone could have stopped him. Doesn't not paying someone for 3 months end their contract?
    I suspect because walking out would've meant losing any rights to the 5 months wages he's owed. Let's not forget he was playing for Dulwich just 5 years ago so can probably not afford to just give up so much money.

Magennis on the other hand has been a pro for 10 years now so was likely in a better position to walk away.
  • Options
    I suspect because walking out would've meant losing any rights to the 5 months wages he's owed. Let's not forget he was playing for Dulwich just 5 years ago so can probably not afford to just give up so much money.
    Thanks, makes sense.
  • Options
    you can get around 1/2 on Coventry to beat Bolton

May as well lump on
  • Options

Magennis on the other hand has been a pro for 10 years now so was likely in a better position to walk away.
    Surely they still owe him the money even if he leaves? Or does he no longer count as a “football creditor” and get preference on any pay out in the event of administration if he leaves? 
  • Options
    Interesting transfer deal thats just been completed

Leicester have signed someone from Bury for £100k, wonder if that'll help keep them alive
  • Options
    Interesting transfer deal thats just been completed

Leicester have signed someone from Bury for £100k, wonder if that'll help keep them alive
    knowing Bury they'll probably go on a big spending spree
  • Options
    Oztumer and other senior Bolton players refused to play yesterday over unpaid wages.
  • Options
    Fantastic result for Bolton drawing 0-0 with Coventry and only using the youngsters. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mart77 said:
    Fantastic result for Bolton drawing 0-0 with Coventry and only using the youngsters. 
    And cov having 3 goals disallowed
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    And cov having 3 goals disallowed
    Should learn to stay onside...
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49308911

Good BBC article on Bolton. I guess it would be a risk buying one if the club folded, but season tickets haven't even gone on sale...
  • Options

how are the supporters not "without blame"?
  • Options
    Is the bury takeover by someone fit and proper?
  • Options

The thing is some people can be 'rich' and buy into a club and support the club financially from their own wealth, i.e. Roman Abramovich or the Sheikhs at City, Jack Walker etc. whereas other less scrupulous owners will load the debt onto the club or treat it as a loan.

It's not always clear if you're a fan how that will transpire as we are generally in the dark with these matters

Ha ha made me laugh. Other less scrupulous owners than the City Sheikh and Abramovich. 
  • Options

how are the supporters not "without blame"?
    Of course they are blameless. They hardly spent millions and the supporters don't have access to the accounts and are not involved in the day to day financial running of the club. They are completely blameless and it is ridiculous for Napa to suggest otherwise. 
    This is what gets me about Newcastle. Ashley has always said whatever money the club makes, they can spend. He should be applauded not attacked by the fans.