Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Masters Golf - (2024 from page 10)

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    I accidentally splurged a bit on the exchange market this morning… have set up in-play lay bets to get most of my stakes back if any of these guys shorten up during the course of the weekend.

Morikawa 30
    Hovland 30
    Spieth 30
    Berger 60
    Conners 70
    Scott 75
    Rose 100
    Horschel 110
    Reed 120
    Bubba 120
    Got lay bets matched yesterday on Berger, Horschel and Conners so claimed back 30% of my original outlay. Berger and Conners under par and a couple of shots back from the lead while Horschel basically shat the bed on the back nine after a good start.

Hopeful for good rounds today for the other seven to get more lays matched for a free roll although Rose, Reed and Scott have probably already thrown their chances for this year down the toilet.

Most importantly though, fingers crossed Conners or Berger can get off to a hot start today so I have some strong interest into the weekend.
  • Options
    I had Scottie Scheffler on the skybet hotshot. Anyone know when it gets credited?
    Paid out in free bets today. I did Smith and he had 8 birdies so have just received 8 free £1 bets.
  • Options
    Oosthuizen forced to withdraw with injury. 
  • Options
    Course playing tough. Wouldn't be surprised if 3 under posted by Schwartzel leads at the end of the day.
  • Options
    As someone who likes the courses playing tough, a winning score of maybe-6 to -8 would make for a great tournament imo.
  • Options
    As someone who likes the courses playing tough, a winning score of maybe-6 to -8 would make for a great tournament imo.
    Like watching on TV. Not that fond of playing on courses under tough conditions.
  • Options
    Had a fiver on schwartzel at 500-1 before it started. Can’t see him lasting but will be interesting to see ! 
  • Options
    Like watching on TV. Not that fond of playing on courses under tough conditions.
    I played a lot of lynx golf, many a time spent hacking about in knee height grass I would've agreed with you. 
  • Options
    Had a fiver on schwartzel at 500-1 before it started. Can’t see him lasting but will be interesting to see ! 
    I’m also on Schwartzel - £2 e/w @ 250-1: 11 places with Skybet. Big chance of at least £100 if he keeps going.
  • Options
    Anyone par or below after today in with a shout
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scheffler to win and Zalatoris and Matsuyama e/w. Skybet paying 11 places.
    Going well so far
  • Options
    Long way to go, Gaz!
  • Options
    What’s the story with Rory’s pink shirt with love hearts?
  • Options
    Someone needs to nobble Scheffler. The bloke is ruining a really good contest.....unless he does a Greg Norman. 
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Someone needs to nobble Scheffler. The bloke is ruining a really good contest.....unless he does a Greg Norman. 
    Bloody right! Needs to give my man 250-1 shot Schwartzel a chance of giving me a rare decent payday! Personally, I think he has done enough to win it - 5 shot lead for a player in top form looks uncatchable.
  • Options
    The youngest ever world No 1 shoots a magnificent 67 in testing conditions while going for his first major. Yet the headlines are still about the walking car crash (literally and metaphorically) that is Tiger Woods.  Don’t get me wrong, I understand why and it’s a brilliant story of sporting brilliance and human frailty. But I do wish they’d stop putting a halo on his head. 
  • Options
    The youngest ever world No 1 shoots a magnificent 67 in testing conditions while going for his first major. Yet the headlines are still about the walking car crash (literally and metaphorically) that is Tiger Woods.  Don’t get me wrong, I understand why and it’s a brilliant story of sporting brilliance and human frailty. But I do wish they’d stop putting a halo on his head. 
    He is a one man soap opera.
  • Options
    Playing some outstanding golf though
  • Options
    I'll have a bet on him to win, that should do it.
  • Options
    Unless he has one of those holes and racks up an 8 or 9 somewhere I cant see Sheffler letting this slip. He is in one of those grooves that sometimes happens and seems machine like
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    Unless he has one of those holes and racks up an 8 or 9 somewhere I cant see Sheffler letting this slip. He is in one of those grooves that sometimes happens and seems machine like
    He’s on fire at the moment, happens a lot in golf when a player gets on a roll. 
  • Options
    Anyone can come a cropper on this course when the spotlight and pressure is on them. But it was scarily impressive how easy he moved 5 clear
  • Options
    Might as well give it to Scheffler now. 6 ahead & I know Greg Norman blew a lead that size he wasn't world no 1 at the time.

• Options
    Might as well give it to Scheffler now. 6 ahead & I know Greg Norman blew a lead that size he wasn't world no 1 at the time.

If anything he looks like he is going to pull further ahead
  • Options
    Lovely!
  • Options
    Tiger putting like me 
  • Options
    Schwartzel eagle and Scheffler in trouble
  • Options
    Great up and down 
  • Options
    Schwartzel eagle and Scheffler in trouble
    Unfortunately,  he made that look easy
  • Options
    Anyone can come a cropper on this course when the spotlight and pressure is on them. But it was scarily impressive how easy he moved 5 clear
    Take that back, he’s handling it fantastically. Pressure? What pressure