Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Masters Golf - (2024 from page 10)

Comments

• Options
    Skybet are paying e/w to 12th place. In light of that I've done the following -: Hovland 22/1,  Koepka 14/1, Fitzpatrick 22/1, Rahm 9/1, Rose 75/1, Rory 9/1 and Fleetwood 28/1. 
    I also did £5.00 on Scheffler as my Hotshot pick at 5/1 outright winner. However, irrespective of whether he wins or not, I'll get a £1 free bet for every birdie he gets in Round 1, so hopefully if he gets 5 birdies I'll get my stake back.
  • Options
    Scheffler is a worthy favourite but odds of 4/1 on a golf tournament featuring the worksd’s finest is simply not worth it. I have modest wagers on Koepka, Homa and Cameron Young with a daft ew on Bradley.  But you could pick any of about 40 who have a reasonable chance. Matsuyama featuring strongly among the pundits. Won before and in great form. 
  • Options
    PS. For anyone minded to have a flutter on Rickaaaaaaay Fowler, forget it as he won the fun par 3 comp yesterday and no one ever wins it followed by the real thing. 
  • Options
    My team::
    W.Clark win only (freebet) risky as should avoid debutants but good price
    Xander EW 
    Hovland EW
    Scott EW
    Theegala EW
    Rahm first round leader
    all very small this week, i'll enjoy it and still hard to see Scottie not winning but at those odds not going to bother. 
  • Options
    Looks like weather gonna be playing a big part today. Dont think they will complete the rounds 
  • Options
    Schefflers wife is heavily pregnant and said he will pull out should she go into labour..
  • Options
    Start delayed until 3.30 BST.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I once saw a clip of Tiger Woods playing keepy uppy with a Golf ball and a golf club which impressed me, and Rory Gallagher as a child hitting ball after ball into his washing machine, or maybe it was a tumble dryer.
    Oops sorry, it was Rory Mackilroy, but at least they are both ☘️ 
    Rory Gallagher has to be paired with Sandy Lyle😉
  • Options
    I think its Scotties to lose but Cam Smith or Tommy Fleetwood could be good e/w bets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’ll tell you something, I’ve watched the first half hour of live coverage and the amount of twatting around on the greens (sorry, aimpoint) is giving me a headache already. Van Royen and A N Other just took about ten minutes to take two putts and two tap ins on a par three. No wonder folk have stopped watching golf in their droves. 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    I think its Scotties to lose but Cam Smith or Tommy Fleetwood could be good e/w bets.
    Fleetwood can't putt.
  • Options
    Well Scheffler didn't let me down, as I said did him as a 'Hotshot' bet with sky bet £5.00 @ 5/1 as outright winner, but the bet also included a £1 free bet for every birdie he got in Round 1!
    So I got £6 in free bets now and he's still handily placed to win outright! Result!
  • Options
    I’ll tell you something, I’ve watched the first half hour of live coverage and the amount of twatting around on the greens (sorry, aimpoint) is giving me a headache already. Van Royen and A N Other just took about ten minutes to take two putts and two tap ins on a par three. No wonder folk have stopped watching golf in their droves. 
    This.

The R&A changed the rules the other year so that you only have 3 mins to look for a ball & not 5. Those 2 mins is not whats slowing the play in golf. It's the endless checking & re-checking the line on a putt and also the amount of time it takes a professional to actually chose & club when on the fairway & to then play their shot. 
  • Options
    Like Nick Faldo’s teddy boy outfit.
  • Options
    This coverage is very poor. How I miss the BBC and Peter Alliss. Even mad Ken Brown. 

Someone already mentioned it but it’s pretty grim how much of Tiger they show even when he’s doing very average. 

I’ve had money on Nieman and Clark. 

Rooting for Willett though 
  • Options
    This coverage is very poor. How I miss the BBC and Peter Alliss. Even mad Ken Brown. 

Someone already mentioned it but it’s pretty grim how much of Tiger they show even when he’s doing very average. 

It really is. The highlights every night with Allis and co pisses all over the Sky love in any day.
  • Options
    Ah ha.....Rory didnt disappoint with his "must have a bad round & scupper my chances.."

If only he had hit level par he'd only be 5 strokes back. No birdies at all today. Poor.

Cant look past the top 3 Americans. Probably Scheffler to win it.
  • Options
    Thought Rorys course management was very poor 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Fleetwood can't putt.
    True but both the above can play in the wind and I have decent prices on them to finish top 8 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lolwray said:
    Thought Rorys course management was very poor 
    Yeh it was awful. His shot into 11 was just so brainless, and straight after watching Scottie hit a safe, sensible shot low into the wind and out to the right to take the water out of play. 

Rory just makes so many ridiculous mistakes for someone of his talent.
  • Options
    Did I hear that Rory had a couple of coaching sessions with Butch Harman just before this?

Why on earth would you let him start sodding about with your swing  a week before a major?
  • Options

It really is. The highlights every night with Allis and co pisses all over the Sky love in any day.
    If you mean Peter, he was good, but I doubt he's had much to say about the Masters since he died in 2020. Do you mean Ken Brown?
  • Options
    anyone got a decent stream link?
  • Options
    What a putt from Aberg!! Come on lad!!
  • Options
    edited April 14
    Scheffler’s annoyingly good. He has a minor wobble and then bounces back immediately from it. Why can’t he just have a meltdown?
  • Options
    Relying on Homa to keep this interesting now
  • Options
    Scheffler very much in the driving seat now.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    Relying on Homa to keep this interesting now
    Jinxed it
  • Options
    edited April 14
    Going to take a lot for Scheffler to lose from here… suddenly he’s three clear with seven holes left.