Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New amateur football club - sponsorship ideas to buy kit

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Definitely do not let players run up debts.  That is a very good point.  I remember one lad running up about £100 to us at one point and no way was he going to pay, essentially told us as much.  fortunately we made it to a cup final so said no one was up for selection who owed and he finally, and begrudgingly paid us back, not surprisingly we dropped him anyway!  
    Actually, we have a few lads behind with payments and we are in a cup final. Sounds like a good idea. 

It is true, there are lots of payments that are ongoing, pitch, training pitch, refs, fines that you have to be prepared for.

• Options
    When it comes to getting subs and trying to make sure everyone does a bit to help it’s difficult as people’s circumstances are different.
    a side I played for years ago used to make everyone stay in the changing room for 5 minutes extra after the game and the manager used to thank those that gave lifts to fellow players, the person who took the kit home to wash it, the sub that run the line for the majority of the game, the people that put flags/nets up and down if it was needed and people that attended league meetings etc.
    It was often the same people being thanked but that did make a few of the ‘just turn up and play’ players offer to help out, even if it was just taking a football scratch card thing to work each month to help with paying referees.

• Options

thankless task running a sunday side, I've been involved at various levels over the years. definitely don't let people run up debts, £20 signing on at the start should cover the kit, then £10 @ week, we built up a nice little pot and used to basically have a paid for xmas night out and end of season beer.

my Vets side is just about to bite the dust I reckon due to lack of players, we've got about 7/8 core but have been struggling all season, got a nice ground with 1 pitch and own bar but looks like we'll have to give it up unless we suddenly find half a dozen committed bodies or another team in trouble to merge with.

Anyone looking for a few decent vets players next season....

• Options

thankless task running a sunday side, I've been involved at various levels over the years. definitely don't let people run up debts, £20 signing on at the start should cover the kit, then £10 @ week, we built up a nice little pot and used to basically have a paid for xmas night out and end of season beer.

my Vets side is just about to bite the dust I reckon due to lack of players, we've got about 7/8 core but have been struggling all season, got a nice ground with 1 pitch and own bar but looks like we'll have to give it up unless we suddenly find half a dozen committed bodies or another team in trouble to merge with.

Anyone looking for a few decent vets players next season....

You might get a few vet players if you say where you're based (not for me thanks).
  • Options
    Belvedere FC (Sunday Vets)