Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Curbishley Book

Has anyone read this? Saw it in the library today, hope it's better than his first book.

Comments

• None of those men look like Curbishley to me
  • Curbs mused...
  • edited April 2019
    Legend that he is, I won't be rushing out to buy this following his first effort. You have to go some to beat Garry Nelson's books. I thought his second, about being assistant manager at Torquay, was even better than his first - though that was good. Another decent read was Journeyman by Ben Smith. There were some great insights into Steve Evans which were quite entertaining to read. 
  • Legend that he is, I won't be rushing out to buy this following his first effort. You have to go some to beat Garry Nelson's books. I thought his second, about being assistant manager at Torquay, was even better than his first - though that was good. Another decent read was Journeyman by Ben Smith. There were some great insights into Steve Evans which were quite entertaining to read. 
    Funny how the books written by lower league players tend to be so much better than those written by people like Rooney, Ferdinand etc. Not that I have read too many but based on what others say too.
  • Micheal Calvin's books are always a good read. 
  • Legend that he is, I won't be rushing out to buy this following his first effort. You have to go some to beat Garry Nelson's books. I thought his second, about being assistant manager at Torquay, was even better than his first - though that was good. Another decent read was Journeyman by Ben Smith. There were some great insights into Steve Evans which were quite entertaining to read. 
    Agreed about Nelson. But I would say 'Only a Game? - the Diary of a Professional Footballer' - by Eamon Dunphy is the best I've read, despite being a Spanner!

• Off track a little, but Howard Webb's book was quite good. 
  • bobmunro said:
    Legend that he is, I won't be rushing out to buy this following his first effort. You have to go some to beat Garry Nelson's books. I thought his second, about being assistant manager at Torquay, was even better than his first - though that was good. Another decent read was Journeyman by Ben Smith. There were some great insights into Steve Evans which were quite entertaining to read. 
    Agreed about Nelson. But I would say 'Only a Game? - the Diary of a Professional Footballer' - by Eamon Dunphy is the best I've read, despite being a Spanner!

What was his phrase about us? 'Nice bunch of nancy boys' or similar and then he joined us.
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:
    bobmunro said:

What was his phrase about us? 'Nice bunch of nancy boys' or similar and then he joined us.
    I remember seeing Dunphy play for us. Had the thinnest legs imaginable!
  • he said and I quote

"I went into the ground. it is funny, but I've never liked Charlton. there has never seemed any soul there, no guts, no atmosphere. as a team they seemed like a nice bunch of nancy boys. we've always loved playing against them, because we've never had a game against them. its been too easy."
  • LenGlover said:
    bobmunro said:

I remember seeing Dunphy play for us. Had the thinnest legs imaginable!

Always passed it sideways or backwards!
  • bobmunro said:

His mentions of Charlton and the team's mentality when he transferred to us were quite interesting though.