Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

McLeish - resigns

2»

Comments

• Options
    He was doing a great job (for me anyway!)
    Shame,
  • Options
    Scottish football is a shambles 
  • Options
    Coming back to aid with the takeover.
    All jokes aside... if Rowland has dropped his price and they are back in.... is this the British consortium
  • Options
    Ignore my comment. Various internet links says it is due to health reasons
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Coming back to aid with the takeover.
    All jokes aside... if Rowland has dropped his price and they are back in.... is this the British consortium
    Don’t be stupid, McLeish wasn’t doing well but I doubt anybody would quit as their National Team manager to help with the Charlton takeover!
  • Options
    They should keep changing managers regularly until they find a good one. It is the best way at international level. Nobody knew how good Bowyer would be as a manager, nobody knew how good Southgate would be. Your great manager isn't always the most obvious choice. But the Scottish FA also need to remember that whatever manager they have, they will still be limited by the level of player available.

Look at the job Michael O'Neil is doing with Northen Ireland. Scotland need to find their version of him.
  • Options
    Super Sven wants the job
  • Options
    Racist 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With redknapp suddenly showing an interest in Scottish football (being quoted by three different Scottish papers https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48116948), I wonder if he is thinking about teaming back up with Joe Jordan for the Scotland Job???
  • Options
    How would you feel about Bruce Arena or any of those mentioned?

Surely someone like Derek McInnes would be the best shout, dunno why but not convinced by Steve Clarke

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48107816
  • Options
    With redknapp suddenly showing an interest in Scottish football (being quoted by three different Scottish papers https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48116948), I wonder if he is thinking about teaming back up with Joe Jordan for the Scotland Job???
    He'd be a terrible international manager because he'd have to work with what he had and couldn't make 20 new signings.
  • Options
    Redknapp or Arena would be ridiculous appointments, but wouldn’t massively surprise me.
  • Options
    Both McInnes and Clarke would be great appointments if they were to commit themselves to the job long term however, I think they’d both walk for club football if the right offer came in and the last thing the Scotland team need is more disruption.

Bruce Arena can GTF, I don’t rate him at all.

Moyes is another that thinks he isn’t finished with club football so he shouldn’t be given it.

Malky should probably have been given it after GS left so not sure if he feels the moment has passed but I certainly wouldn’t be disappointed if he was given the job full time.

Scott Gemmill is doing a great job with the U21 and shouldn’t be ruled out but he needs to be backed up by the SFA and allowed his own coaching team and not just start appointing his staff for him. 

Marc Wilmots has been mentioned today and he is another I wouldnt mind getting the job.

basically, we’re fucked and I don’t know what to do
  • Options
    By the sounds of things; Scott Gemmill would be your best bet and would be akin to getting Southgate

Sod going for the typical names from the club game; International Football is a completely different beast - Instead get someone who is working in and around the scene already, will know the potential of players coming through as he'd have coached the U21s. Scotland need to start thinking longer term rather than trying to qualify for the next tournament that comes around each time
  • Options
    For years I have wanted England to appoint an under 21 manager with the clear understanding that they will be the next England manager, and for appointments to start and end after the World Cup.
    I won’t bore you with all the reasons as you probably already know them.

Scotland would be sensible if they trod the similar path and went with youth, but the Scottish FA would have to get their heads out of a single malt vat first and get the coffee on.

It won’t happen though, and they will continue the search for a TOP name for a BIG job. They are the same as the English FA. Self indulgent, self important tosser’s.
  • Options
    Niko McKranjcar will be waiting for a call up
  • Options
    You're all missing the obvious candidate, who has got Scotland to the World Cup Finals before: Shelley Kerr.
  • Options
    Bloody heck.not even I would wish that chancer on Scotland .

I would really .