Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Scunthorpe | Easter Monday | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

2»

Comments

• Options
    Frustrating below par game which will lead to the majority of ‘supporters’ saying we are going to lose in the play offs
    I'm very worried that we will not win in the playoffs.
  • Options
    meh!

1-1
  • Options
    Tbh it will be interesting to know how a kick in the balls defeat on Friday, the fact we cannot finish lower than where we are in the play-offs and that the top 2 is big mountain to climb will affect us psycholically. Suppose we have a slight chance of hunting down 4th and getting the home leg 2nd. But seeing as 4th is 4 ahead with goal better difference with a game in hand as is 3rd might be tough as well. But we will see as they have to play each other on Saturday.
  • Options
    As mentioned above, Scunthorpe inflicted the unwanted record of most goals scored against us this season in a 5-3 defeat.
    Like Friday's game, perhaps coincidentally, Solly played most of the game at left back in what was a shambolic defensive display. We have improved out of sight since then.
    We are 99% sure of a play off place, the Iron are desperate to avoid relegation, this game will come down to the proverbial 'who wants it more' ? Hopes of a top two finish for us are now dashed, I wouldn't blame Bowyer if he told his players to take it a bit easy in preparation for the play offs. 

Draw .. CAFC 1 v Scunthorpe United 1 
    I think you'll find that we are not only 100% guaranteed a play off play place we are also guaranteed not to finish lower than 5th. 

To the game itself.....

Been told by Golfie Jnr that Scunny are another one of our bogey teams. After my exuberance of going for a 3-0 win at Oxford (Yes, you can all blame me) I'm now reverting to type & going for a 2-1 defeat......along with defeats in our last 2 games also. 

Nothing is simple where CAFC is concerned. 
    let's hope that your result forecasting continues to be pure rubbish
  • Options
    With Pearce in the side we (or he) play a much deeper line, which leaves us stretched, and struggle against the press. Resting him, especially when playing the 4-3-2-1, was a mistake from Bowyer and Jackson. We need Sarr's ability to play out from the back, and his superior ability in the air and reading of danger make it so that we can play a higher line. I feel like the mythos of Pearce as Captain has clouded the thinking. He is clearly the inferior left-sided center half. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Saturday was such a blow to momentum that I almost can’t be bothered with this one. No risks should be taken with anyone who is not completely fit. The result doesn’t really matter much and Scunthorpe are rubbish so we should be able to see them off whatever team Bows selects (yeah right!). Might cut the grass instead. No of course I won’t but enthusiasm is not at all high for this one. 
    Fully understand where you are coming from but the result matters enormously .
    Finish 4th and 2nd leg of the playoffs are at the valley .
    Finish 5th and we have a Thursday or Friday night game away. 
    Don't want the home leg at lunchtime on a Sunday either, will kill the atmosphere.

Even our 2nd string should have enough for this lot. Dull game, shite atmosphere but comfortable 2-0
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    With Pearce in the side we (or he) play a much deeper line, which leaves us stretched, and struggle against the press. Resting him, especially when playing the 4-3-2-1, was a mistake from Bowyer and Jackson. We need Sarr's ability to play out from the back, and his superior ability in the air and reading of danger make it so that we can play a higher line. I feel like the mythos of Pearce as Captain has clouded the thinking. He is clearly the inferior left-sided center half. 
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that then. I also think he often gives too many fouls away by holding onto their player.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    I wouldn't say it was clear at all. Both are excellent defenders at this level, with different strengths. Our defensive problems on Friday were elsewhere.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that then. I also think he often gives too many fouls away by holding onto their player.
    Long been a bugbear of mine. He is good for 1-2 needless free kicks per game just for holding. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also, Pearce's goalpoaching strength (see: Wycombe) has been hereby rescinded after his attempt to convert an open goal against Oxford 
  • Options
  • Options
    Scunthorpe are desperate for points and could be playing us at just the right time for them. I think there will be a fair amount of rotation and I would not surprised if some players have a rest. 1-0 Scunthorpe.
  • Options
    Who do we actually have available for this? No Solly. Is Purrington fit? Or Dijksteel? 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Sarr has all of Pearce's strengths plus plenty more imo
    This!
  • Options
    What a glorious day! I hope someone's brought a beach ball!
  • Options
    How about Stevenson at LB?
  • Options
    Igor back!
  • Options
    Philips
    Dijksteel Bauer Sarr Purrington
    Cullen
    Reeves Aribo
    Morgan
    Taylor Vetokele
This discussion has been closed.