Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Easter eggs. A lament.

Cadbury’s Easter eggs were a great pleasure. That hard milky chocolate. The Sillybilly clan sat down to half a dozen of them yesterday and we all agree that they were yuck!!  The recipe has changed and it’s now a thin sickly affair that tastes of artificial sweeteners. Ugh. I blame Roland. 

Comments

• Too sweet ad a nasty aftertaste. Left me feeling thirsty as well.

What American company bought out Cadburys?

Kraft, they closed production here and moved it to Poland. They said there was no plans to do so but announced the decision a couple of weeks after the deal went through.
     I rather buy Belgium chocolate than Cadbury but I’m boycotting all things Belgium until further notice.
  • Agreed, used to love Cadbury’s but was Galaxy for me this year. 
  • 'Boycotting all things Belgium' is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on this website. Mine's a Rodenbach, thank you 

Kraft, they closed production here and moved it to Poland. They said there was no plans to do so but announced the decision a couple of weeks after the deal went through.
     I rather buy Belgium chocolate than Cadbury but I’m boycotting all things Belgium until further notice.
    To be fair to Kraft while they closed the Bristol factory (after saying they wouldn't), Cadbury were already planning to do so. Bourneville is still very much open

There is health watchdog pressure to reduce sugar levels in products, maybe the recipe has been slightly changed because of this.
  • *snatches Tintin comic from child's hand* ROLAND OUT! *hurls Univers Zero LP at the wall* NOT A PENNY MORE!
  • Dairy Milk is still good but their standard chocolate has sadly got a lot worse, I agree.
  • Cadbury’s the only chocolate for me but currently on a year off chocolate but I’m struggling especially with all the chocolate about now , there was a flake Cadbury’s cake I just kept giving the eye too yesterday but i imagined to avoid the temptation.
    did a whole year off chocolate a couple of years ago and ate well and lost weight and was quite healthy .
    now it’s pointless I’ve just replaced it with other shit like cakes , custard creams etc and I’m still the same f c I was but with less chocolate in me .
  • The amount of packaging is utterly ridiculous too 
  • Leuth said:
    'Boycotting all things Belgium' is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on this website. Mine's a Rodenbach, thank you 
    If only there were more strong willed like me. I’d rather drink Fosters which should be on a WHO banned list.

• Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:
    The amount of packaging is utterly ridiculous too 
    I agree, it’s a bugger to eat.
  • I’m worried that in the not too distant future there will be more bunnies than eggs.
  • I used to like the York eggs with one of four matchbox cars in them.
  • My wife's cousin is a chocolatier.

My God, they're good.
  • Kit Kat, Twix, Mars Bars etc. are all inferior to what they were in the 80s. Think it's to do with removing the delicious hydrogenated fat. Furthermore a Wham bar used to be the size of a surf board and now look at it. 
  • Leuth said:
    'Boycotting all things Belgium' is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on this website. Mine's a Rodenbach, thank you 
    You should have a read of some of the guff here:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/profile/comments/Leuth
  • Cadbury’s the only chocolate for me but currently on a year off chocolate but I’m struggling especially with all the chocolate about now , there was a flake Cadbury’s cake I just kept giving the eye too yesterday but i imagined to avoid the temptation.
    did a whole year off chocolate a couple of years ago and ate well and lost weight and was quite healthy .
    now it’s pointless I’ve just replaced it with other shit like cakes , custard creams etc and I’m still the same f c I was but with less chocolate in me .
    Year without chocolate? I can’t remember the last day I didn’t eat chocolate, generally at a minimum have a bar with a cup of tea every evening
  • Leuth said:
    Having developed a shellfish allergy I now have to boycott moules frites.........but not Belgian beer and chocolate!