Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Bowyer left disappointed that Charlton Athletic contract not sorted yet

Comments

• Options
    I think we want Bowyer to 'do two'. The teams stopping us returning to the championship!
  • Options
    Taken this morning from Louis Mendez on twitter-:
    What I'm asking for is fair. I'm not a greedy person, it's just what I feel I've earned. I feel that we'll get there in the end, but I'm disappointed it hasn't been done before the end of the season.” - Lee Bowyer

and
    LB on contract: “Not really any update. I had a positive conversation at the end of last week, but we've got a bit stuck at the moment and that's where we are. But as I've said, that's not my biggest worry. I believe we will come to an agreement.” #cafc

What the hell are RD and RM playing at!!
  • Options
    Calm down everyone
  • Options
    What I'm asking for is fair. I'm not a greedy person, it's just what I feel I've earned. I feel that we'll get there in the end, but I'm disappointed it hasn't been done before the end of the season.” - Lee Bowyer

and
    LB on contract: “Not really any update. I had a positive conversation at the end of last week, but we've got a bit stuck at the moment and that's where we are. But as I've said, that's not my biggest worry. I believe we will come to an agreement.” #cafc

Sadly, no one knows. But it could well be that similar to players Bowyer knows his stock has risen significantly over the past 12 months and is playing hardball. Can’t say I blame him but none of us know the facts to accurately say ‘it’s all Roland’s fault’
  • Options
    This is a joke. 
  • Options

and

It all comes down to money (not blaming LB as I'm sure he (and the others) have more than earned a new -and improved-contract). Problem of course lies with Roland. We have to remember that Charlton only takes up 2% of his time. He will treat LB , JJ etc as if they were employees working in one of his factories or offices. He still doesn't seem to understand that football cannot be compared to a 9 - 5 job.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    Greenie said:
    Maybe, but the pressure has got to be kept up on Roland, to get him out of the door,  we could do with banners in the ground for the playoffs, Jim White shouting our case on Talksprt with Roland, absolutely anything that will finally rid us of this bloke, he’s toxic (anything lawful kids).
    I strongly disagree about protest banners for the play offs.
    We need to be 100% behind the players.
    Anyway, I think we have a better chance of RD selling, if we are back in The Championship.
    I would have thought it would be well within the capabilities of our witty slogan composers to come up with a multitude of suggestions which both support the team and draw attention to the "elephant in the room" that the one person NOT supporting them is Roland!

It does not need to be either/or.

It could be both/and.

"We, as supporters of Charlton Athletic support the team but we, as supporters of Charlton Athletic must draw your attention to the elephant in the room which is our owner, Roland Duchatelet who does not support Charlton Athletic and he is the only person who doesn't" ......... is the best I could come up with.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Greenie said:
    As is your lamentable post.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing”.
    Yeh nice quote @s@"SoundAsa£" however it means nothing as does your 'lamentable' comment, my comment was not deplorable, my comment meant that Roland does not give a shit however many statements CARD/CAST put out, they've put out loads and The Rat is still here, so its pointless. 
    Ive been boycotting for two seasons......that is a hell of a sacrifice.
    What is lamentable is people moaning like hell about him then paying him good money, therefore endorsing him, by going to the games, and only protesting when we are in a shit position in the table, if you dont like it dont buy the product, you can't have it both ways......
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    N01R4M said:
    Greenie said:
    Maybe, but the pressure has got to be kept up on Roland, to get him out of the door,  we could do with banners in the ground for the playoffs, Jim White shouting our case on Talksprt with Roland, absolutely anything that will finally rid us of this bloke, he’s toxic (anything lawful kids).
    I strongly disagree about protest banners for the play offs.
    Anyway, I think we have a better chance of RD selling, if we are back in The Championship.
    I would have thought it would be well within the capabilities of our witty slogan composers to come up with a multitude of suggestions which both support the team and draw attention to the "elephant in the room" that the one person NOT supporting them is Roland!

It does not need to be either/or.

It could be both/and.

"We, as supporters of Charlton Athletic support the team but we, as supporters of Charlton Athletic must draw your attention to the elephant in the room which is our owner, Roland Duchatelet who does not support Charlton Athletic and he is the only person who doesn't" ......... is the best I could come up with.
    Blimey @Macronate !  Have you never heard that brevity is the soul of wit?
    That banner will stretch the length of the East Stand!

I think the kindest thing I can say is: If the cap doesn't fit, don't try to wear it!

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Calm down everyone
    Hard not to!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:

Yeh nice quote @s@"SoundAsa£" however it means nothing as does your 'lamentable' comment, my comment was not deplorable, my comment meant that Roland does not give a shit however many statements CARD/CAST put out, they've put out loads and The Rat is still here, so its pointless. 
    What is lamentable is people moaning like hell about him then paying him good money, therefore endorsing him, by going to the games, and only protesting when we are in a shit position in the table, if you dont like it dont buy the product, you can't have it both ways......
    We ALL know he takes little or no notice of anything anyone says or does (you included), but are you seriously suggesting that we should give in trying to get through to him in as many ways and and by any means as often as possible?
    If so I stick to my word “lamentable.”
    You have chosen the boycott route....others have chosen other routes......speaking for myself , I respect all fans who have chosen some way or means to demonstrate/ protest against this evil spiteful arsehole in whatever way they choose.
    You should do the same, unless I am miss interpreting what you are saying, you are calling Cards latest effort as pointless.....please tell me you are kidding?

• Options
    Greenie said CAST's statement was pointless.
  • Options
    Bring back Katrien to sort this mess out ;)
  • Options
    I understand it to a certain degree see what happens come may 26th if we are championship then bowyer should get a significant increase IF we don’t get to playoff final then lb may not even hang around as we all know that it will another season of rebuilding a squad that hopefully clicks!. 
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:

We ALL know he takes little or no notice of anything anyone says or does (you included), but are you seriously suggesting that we should give in trying to get through to him in as many ways and and by any means as often as possible?
    You have chosen the boycott route....others have chosen other routes......speaking for myself , I respect all fans who have chosen some way or means to demonstrate/ protest against this evil spiteful arsehole in whatever way they choose.
    You should do the same, unless I am miss interpreting what you are saying, you are calling Cards latest effort as pointless.....please tell me you are kidding?

Already answered, read it again, it will save me repeating myself.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:

So you are happy to dig out other fans who chose to do things differently to yourself....that is pretty shit behaviour.
    Each to their own.....we are all in this together, the only people I have issues with are those who sit back and do nothing.
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:

So you are happy to dig out other fans who chose to do things differently to yourself....that is shit behaviour.
    Ill remind you  what you wrote on here mate, Your 'lamentable post' comment was one thing, Ive explained once so Ill try again, its pointless that CAST/CARD make any statements because they have no effect, never have and never will, not necessarily because of the statement itself, but because Roland takes no notice. Its like me writing to Theresa May and saying 'would you mind just fucking off'.
    So yes you have totally misinterpreted my post, in no way was it lamentable/deplorable, which I already pointed out.

Moving on to you accusing me of digging out other fans, you do remember writing this, which less face it, is a dig, “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing”.
    I pointed out that I have made the greatest sacrifice by boycotting for two years. I further reinforced the point with the following "What is lamentable is people moaning like hell about him then paying him good money, therefore endorsing him, by going to the games, and only protesting when we are in a shit position in the table, if you dont like it dont buy the product, you can't have it both ways......" which is a fact, people dont want to hear it, but there it is. 
    I read on here today a post from one poster asking (if we get to Wembley) 'please dont protest because it might effect the team', this is ridiculous and smacks of the 'Im alright jack' attitude that infests society today, and basically says, as long as we win I dont care, when in fact the world watches the play offs and Wembley protests live on TV, would do OUR cause the world of good.
    Generally I respect others to do what they like (boycotting or not boycotting) but when people dig me out and accuse me of being part of the problem, I will come back, I find that some people dont like it and are indeed surprised when that happens..
  • Options
    I have probably forgotten some of Roland's Rants, but...

First Roland said only 2% of fans, led by disgruntled ex-employees, were protesting.

Then he claimed {...} fans wanted the club to fail.

Next he called the Unity marchers "sheep" and "vinegar pissers".

And accused ROT of bullying him when they publicised the bonus issue and other questionable actions 
    in election leaflets distributed throughout Sint-Truiden.

He may well have lost his gamble that the EFL would side with him against the fans and the club staff.

Now CARD and their supporters are supposedly guilty of "soft terrorism" because they spoke with Belgian Embassy staff.

Do I detect an escalating Roland Response happening here?  If so, it is demonstratably untrue to claim that fan actions have had no effect.

Everyone has their tipping point - and when Roland reaches his, perhaps he will revise his asking price downwards and actually sell the club.  I don't think we've got there yet, but I live in hope.

It seems to me it's down to Addicks who are not satisfied with the way he is running the club to keep chipping away in whatever way seems right and possible to us, whether that is by boycotting or banner waving, by contacting the relevant authorities or keeping the issue live via press and social media.  

On the other hand, if a fan believes everything in the Charlton garden is rosy, I can understand them buying their earlybird ST, patronising the club bars, buying merchandise in the club shop, and thus reducing Roland's loses.  I disagree with you, but I see your behaviour is at least logical.
  • Options
    Greenie, I didn't say "if we get to Wembley, please don't protest it might effect the team."
    I wouldn't presume to tell Charlton fans what to do.
    What I actually said was -

"I strongly disagree about protest banners for the play offs.
    Anyway, I think we have a better chance of RD selling, if we are back in The Championship."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I understand it to a certain degree see what happens come may 26th if we are championship then bowyer should get a significant increase IF we don’t get to playoff final then lb may not even hang around as we all know that it will another season of rebuilding a squad that hopefully clicks!. 

I wouldn't hold your breath mate.
  • Options
    Greenie, I didn't say "if we get to Wembley, please don't protest it might effect the team."

Anyway, I think we have a better chance of RD selling, if we are back in The Championship."
    Ok.
  • Options

I agree, his stubborness to reduce his price is still a massive negative factor, but I do think we stand a better chance the League above. Mainly because we will be worth more (of course that could be irrelevant if Roland raises his price for the same reason). 

I would be disappointed if we saw any protests/banners etc at Wembley. Yes one day doesn't change the fact we need rid, but it should be a day to (hopefully) celebrate and enjoy the occasion. After years of misery we need to enjoy the odd enjoyable moment and I personally don't want that clouded. 
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:

So you are happy to dig out other fans who chose to do things differently to yourself....that is shit behaviour.
    Ill remind you  what you wrote on here mate, Your 'lamentable post' comment was one thing, Ive explained once so Ill try again, its pointless that CAST/CARD make any statements because they have no effect, never have and never will, not necessarily because of the statement itself, but because Roland takes no notice. Its like me writing to Theresa May and saying 'would you mind just fucking off'.
    So yes you have totally misinterpreted my post, in no way was it lamentable/deplorable, which I already pointed out.

Moving on to you accusing me of digging out other fans, you do remember writing this, which less face it, is a dig, “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing”.
    I pointed out that I have made the greatest sacrifice by boycotting for two years. I further reinforced the point with the following "What is lamentable is people moaning like hell about him then paying him good money, therefore endorsing him, by going to the games, and only protesting when we are in a shit position in the table, if you dont like it dont buy the product, you can't have it both ways......" which is a fact, people dont want to hear it, but there it is. 
    I read on here today a post from one poster asking (if we get to Wembley) 'please dont protest because it might effect the team', this is ridiculous and smacks of the 'Im alright jack' attitude that infests society today, and basically says, as long as we win I dont care, when in fact the world watches the play offs and Wembley protests live on TV, would do OUR cause the world of good.
    Generally I respect others to do what they like (boycotting or not boycotting) but when people dig me out and accuse me of being part of the problem, I will come back, I find that some people dont like it and are indeed surprised when that happens..
    And I totally respect your view that the best thing YOU wish to do is boycott. But I have news for you in that he doesn’t give a shyte about what you are doing either......what should I say to you, that your action is pointless? No, I wouldn’t do that, it’s simply your choice, so in no way pointless.
    We do know for sure though that certain actions by CARD & CAST have at least “rattled his cage” and on more than a few occasions, which focuses his mind in knowing we aren’t going to simply lay down and die!
    So what do you suggest we should do.....nothing other than boycott is your opinion, but why not couple that together with different approaches?
    I respect your decision but cannot fathom why you don’t, on the face of it, respect those that wish to tackle things differently......it’s very uncivil of you and comes across as demeaning, divisive and if I may say so somewhat arrogant.
    To describe CAST’s action as pointless is a kick in the teeth for a well meaning bunch of hard core Addicks who are trying their damnedest to put squibs up his arse......please don’t dismiss their approach so readily. 
    As I say, the fans who get my goat up are those who do nothing other than whinge.
    Incidentally......who said you were “part of the problem”.....certainly not me, so I’m puzzled as to who you’re referring to?

• Options
    No one statement, protest, or anything else will get to RD enough to make him sell to the highest bidder. But it does effect him have no doubt, just look at his numerous rants/statements and when they happen.

cumulatively they may help to finally push him to sell, we don’t know, but it’s something and we’re trying.

I admire those who boycott, it’s something I’ve not been able to do and I still buy season tickets for me and my two daughters. The only slight saving grace is that I now pay for the three of us about the same as I did for just mine in 2014.

i remember last year it people stating that the credit card companies only released the money monthly, is that the case again this year?
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:

And I totally respect your view that the best thing YOU wish to do is boycott. But I have news for you in that he doesn’t give a shyte about what you are doing either......what should I say to you, that your action is pointless? No, I wouldn’t do that, it’s simply your choice, so in no way pointless.
    We do know for sure though that certain actions by CARD & CAST have at least “rattled his cage” and on more than a few occasions, which focuses his mind in knowing we aren’t going to simply lay down and die!
    So what do you suggest we should do.....nothing other than boycott is your opinion, but why not couple that together with different approaches?
    I respect your decision but cannot fathom why you don’t, on the face of it, respect those that wish to tackle things differently......it’s very uncivil of you and comes across as demeaning, divisive and if I may say so somewhat arrogant.
    To describe CAST’s action as pointless is a kick in the teeth for a well meaning bunch of hard core Addicks who are trying their damnedest to put squibs up his arse......please don’t dismiss their approach so readily. 
    As I say, the fans who get my goat up are those who do nothing other than whinge.
    Incidentally......who said you were “part of the problem”.....certainly not me, so I’m puzzled as to who you’re referring to?

I’ve tried a couple of times to make you understand, but you simply can’t or won’t, so I’m bailing on this one. 
    Life is too short.
  • Options

LB on contract: “Not really any update. I had a positive conversation at the end of last week, but we've got a bit stuck at the moment and that's where we are. But as I've said, that's not my biggest worry. I believe we will come to an agreement.” 

This, it will be done
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:
    Greenie said:

I’ve tried a couple of times to make you understand, but you simply can’t or won’t, so I’m bailing on this one. 
    Life is too short.
    You used one word and one word only......Pointless.
    Just what do you expect people to think you fucking meant.....I and everyone else understood you alright.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    I know this wont be popular but as flags are removed now...!

Bowyer ran for the money early on as a kid coming through our ranks.  Would be disappointed if he did the same again after giving him the chance to make millions in the game as a player and then a chance in management when, frankly, not a single other club in the football league would have done.

Two sides to every coin, RD is a dick but we are a L1 team with a L1 budget so i hope Bowyer stays but if what he is asking for is out of line with a L1 management budget then he will likely go.

The other route lies Bolton.