Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Results in post match thread titles

2»

Comments

• Options
    Talal said:
    Do you what you like. I go to all home games & the away games I don't go to I follow on Sky, so it doesn't bother me 

But be prepared for me to be posting all live score updates on the match threads. I may he in the minority & others don't want it but my wants trump everyone else's. OK ? Good. 

Yeah doesn't seem like it bothers you much.
    It doesn't.......just don't see why just a handful of people's views trump the vast majority. Also don't you think if weird that someone at, say 6pm, wants to read hundreds of "live" posts about a match that finished an hour or two earlier. If they are that bloody bothered about the minutia of the game ("....Charlton have a throw......Cullen plays it down the line & Taylor narrowly misses getting on the end of it....") then I suggest they go to the game or watch it online somehow.
    You must have missed the poll results, more people would rather not have the score in the thread title.

To be fair, as a proportion of all members, more people haven't voted at all so do not support either option. That's how polls and referenda work, right? ;)
    Yep. Like all Remainers I will not accept the decision & will thwart any action to let the majority win. 
  • Options
    How old are you? 7?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Do you what you like. I go to all home games & the away games I don't go to I follow on Sky, so it doesn't bother me 

But be prepared for me to be posting all live score updates on the match threads. I may he in the minority & others don't want it but my wants trump everyone else's. OK ? Good. 

It doesn't.......just don't see why just a handful of people's views trump the vast majority. Also don't you think if weird that someone at, say 6pm, wants to read hundreds of "live" posts about a match that finished an hour or two earlier. If they are that bloody bothered about the minutia of the game ("....Charlton have a throw......Cullen plays it down the line & Taylor narrowly misses getting on the end of it....") then I suggest they go to the game or watch it online somehow.
    Occasionally I have something better to do than watch Charlton, just occasionally. Recently it was a full day in a&e with someone. Another time, with a new lady friend, who has no interest in charlton and all things Charlton. I wouldn't want her knowing my mind is elsewhere or how much I am on here. 
    For those not familiar with the match threads, they can be great at the time and after a game has finished, but less so if you know the score already. I'm sure that's not so hard to understand.
  • Options
    How old are you? 7?
    No....52. Just like to have a contrarian view sometimes. Just like all the people who tell me I mustn't post score updates on the match day thread because it spoils their enjoyment of watching MOTD 6 hours later not knowing the score.

Well fuck 'em.  If the minority of half a dozen posters don't want the score being put on the post match thread then the minority of a few of us who like to update others what's going on around the grounds between 3 & 5 should also be allowed. What's good for the goose etc etc. 
  • Options
    Talal said:

Occasionally I have something better to do than watch Charlton, just occasionally. Recently it was a full day in a&e with someone. Another time, with a new lady friend, who has no interest in charlton and all things Charlton. I wouldn't want her knowing my mind is elsewhere or how much I am on here. 
    For those not familiar with the match threads, they can be great at the time and after a game has finished, but less so if you know the score already. I'm sure that's not so hard to understand.
    No problem & totally understand that sometimes there are other pressing things going on on your life on a Saturday afternoon - especially when women are involved :) 

However, that shouldn't trump 100"s of other people who want the status quo of having the score staying on the post match thread. 
  • Options
    Talal said:

No problem & totally understand that sometimes there are other pressing things going on on your life on a Saturday afternoon - especially when women are involved :) 

However, that shouldn't trump 100"s of other people who want the status quo of having the score staying on the post match thread. 
    Do you hand Christmas presents to family members and tell them what the present is before they've unwrapped them?
  • Options
    Talal said:

Just to add, the status quo is that most times the scores don't get a mention in the title. I think about 3 times only in the last 10 or 12 times. Usually i'm either at the game myself or have been able to follow it in real time.  It's only one or two people that seem to think it needs to go in the thread title. Stig's poll has indicated most are not bothered but the majority prefer the score not to be included. We will see what happens for the remainder of the season with anyone daring to put the score in drawing further complaints i expect :)