Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Format of Post Match Report Titles

Please don't read too much into this as a poll, it is not officially sanctioned and doesn't even qualify to be called advisory, let alone binding. The very fact that we are dependent on the good will of ordinary Lifers to start the post match threads, means that it may be difficult trying to impose any sort of structure - even if it is deemed desirable.  Nevertheless, I was interested in the range of opinions on @swords_alive's thread and wondered if these could be quantified. So, with these qualifications in place, here's the question:

Should the titles of post match threads contain the match scoreline?

Format of Post Match Report Titles 152 votes

No way! Scoreline ignorance is an essential part of my post match scrolling activity.
12%
mascot88Weegie Addickthecrazyaddickcharente addickSoundAsa£seth plumSOTFjohnnybev1987Pedro45Wheresmeticket?TotalAddicktionMortimerwasgodswords_alivecaptainbobCafcCrazyclb74addixAlwaysneilSouthWest_Addicks 19 votes
Probably not. I can see why a frissance of mystery adds to the post match internet experience.
23%
LargeAddickHenry IrvingAddicktedaliwibbleLouisMendoohaahmortimerstonemuseStu_of_Kunmingstoneroses19TalalNorth Lower NeilKap10BigRedEvilCallumcafcmoutuakillaChizzsmudge7946Six-a-bag-of-nutsZinedine BagheriSuper_Eddie_Youds 35 votes
I couldn't give a tinkers cuss.
44%
AFKABartram_MrDickElthamaddickcafcpololancashire ladcfgsSolidgonegolfaddickguinnessaddickCovered Endsoapy_jonesHarryLimeCHGShootersHillGurualanscoachdriverRedArmySE7WestSussexAddicksouthamptonaddickRossthai malaysia addick 68 votes
Probably. Knowing is better that not knowing.
3%
StigPaddyP17se9addickThe Red RobinPowell Is PleasantJessie 6 votes
Of course! I don't want to read the thread to find out the score.
15%
Off_itCarterbigstemarraSiv_in_NorfolkDazzler21JobbersiainmentCovered_End_Ladsam3110grumpyaddickbobcafc7GillisJaShea99SheffieldRedcafc4everup_the_valleyFishCostaFortunepalarsehaterCroydonpaulie8290 24 votes

Comments

• I couldn't give a tinkers cuss.
    On a personal note I dont give a toss as will always keep up to date with the score and wont watch a game back afterwards as have to know what is happening

Can understand why people dont want to know though as one of my mates will often record a random match and wont want to know the score because he'll want to see it in its entirety
  • Probably not. I can see why a frissance of mystery adds to the post match internet experience.
    I can't imagine not knowing the result and the score by the time I see the thread.  But on the odd occasion that I don't know the score, it would be good not to have it shown on the thread title, because it's more engaging and fun to find out "gradually". 
    I'll either be at the match or following it one way or another, so couldn't give a tinker's cuss.
    Well I say that but what is a tinker's cuss ?
    Do I have to open a new tinker's cuss thread ?
    Could we have a poll to discuss if this poll was necessary?
  • Probably not. I can see why a frissance of mystery adds to the post match internet experience.
    On the very rare occasions I have read a match thread without knowing the score, I thought it was preferable. 

What’s a tinkers cuss ?
    Doesn’t bother me.  Sometimes I like to read the match thread even if I’ve been to the game, so I always know the score anyway 
    Normally, by the end of the game, for some reason, I usually know the score  :)
  • edited April 2019
    What does frissance mean? 😜
  • Sponsored links:

What’s a tinkers cuss ?
    A tinker's curse or cuss was considered of little significance because tinkers (who worked with their hands near hot metal) were reputed to swear (curse) habitually.
  • edited April 2019
    No way! Scoreline ignorance is an essential part of my post match scrolling activity.
    How about at least keeping the match thread sticky so those of us that (on rare occasions) don't know and prefer not to know the score at least don't have to look hard for it and so risk encountering any spoiler thread titles?

Edit; actually that is already the case I think, so I don't know what can be done in practice.

Thanks @stig for polling
    I don't put it on Players Marks but can't understand why any Lifer doesn't know the score or want to know it - strange
  • Probably. Knowing is better that not knowing.
    I hit the wrong option and meant probably not, just to clarify.

But in the post match thread, the result will inevitably come up, so if it doesn't appear in the thread title then 1) no spoilers for those who don't want them; and 2) only one click to find out the result basically. 
    Only voted for this option as some people clearly don't want to see the score first, while personally I'm not bothered. If it makes some people happy, then why not...
    I second this and voted the same way for the same reason.
    For me, I like the scores there as it makes it easier to search for a match retrospectively. Of course they could be added later for this purpose.
  • Of course! I don't want to read the thread to find out the score.
    Only voted for this option as some people clearly don't want to see the score first, while personally I'm not bothered. If it makes some people happy, then why not...
    I second this and voted the same way for the same reason.
    But some people want the score. Why not make them happy?  ;)0
    I like it being included, surely it's no shock to anyone and if it is they must be a technophobe or a dinosaur.
  • Sponsored links:

Why would you not want to know if your own team has won? Premier, Championship etc I can understand, but come on! 
    Why would you not want to know if your own team has won? Premier, Championship etc I can understand, but come on! 
    People do want to know, whilst enjoying the match thread.
    Usually at the game so no need. But dont care either way,
    Whatever a Tinkers Cuss is, I couldn’t give one!
    Lolwhut?
    Don’t show it in the title, but show it on the first post. Those who scan the homepage on the way to the match thread won’t accidentally see the score, and those who don’t want to read the whole post match thread to get the score won’t need to -
    they’ll see it as soon as they open the thread. 
    EastStand said:
    Don’t show it in the title, but show it on the first post. Those who scan the homepage on the way to the match thread won’t accidentally see the score, and those who don’t want to read the whole post match thread to get the score won’t need to -
    they’ll see it as soon as they open the thread. 
    Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!
  • edited April 2019
    If I want to know the score quickly, I go on BBC sport (where I can check all the other scores too and the tables). If I have been out with friends or family (and not wanted to annoy them by constantly checking my phone), I go on Charlton Life and quickly scroll through the match thread as it is entertaining to see the likes of Yesssss!....Get in!....Bollocks!....Blow the whistle, you twat...

Golfie, do you fast forward films to the final shot?