Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

"Interesting" Tweet from Thomas Driesen

Comments

• Is he old enough to drive?
  • Hero? Wtf
  • I assumed that they were taking the piss and him lapping it up.
  • They are taking the piss
  • Swisdom said:
    Driessen was there last night for the Forest Green game.  I saw him with my own eyes
    Did you offer to sponsor his kit? 😀
  • cafc999 said:
    They are taking the piss
    I am not so sure, I've seen some of their other comments to him... he's the perfect age for these teens to believe he could be a young role model. 
  • Sponsored links:

• It must be galling for LB and Gallen, with all their experience, to have to get the OK of any signings they want through him
  • PopIcon said:
    Said it before and I'll say it again. Why the Driesen hate? Just some kid doing his job. I suggest the cronies point their arrows at Roland.
    You say he’s just a kid, he’s an adult and not very good at his chosen career, if he were he would be snapped up by an organisation much better than his present, unless he has some level of loyalty that is beyond normal.
    I don’t know if he had anything to with that goalkeeper that turned up a the training ground. I like to think he did and that’s good enough for me for me to take a dislike to him. Also there is the real fact he has earned money contributing to the years of crap Saturday nights that we have had to endure under the present owner. 
  • Addickted said:
    PopIcon said:
    Said it before and I'll say it again. Why the Driesen hate? Just some kid doing his job. I suggest the cronies point their arrows at Roland.
    Because he has been and continues to influence the owner in providing unsuitable players that are forced on the management team.
    Only this.
  • Addickted said:
    PopIcon said:
    Because he has been and continues to influence the owner in providing unsuitable players that are forced on the management team.
    Which signings have been forced on Bowyer? Bonne's been suggested but that seems to a guess nothing more.
  • PopIcon said:
    I agree to the extend he got offered a job that he was in no way qualified for. He shouldn't be criticised for being a total chancer and getting paid for wanking all day (wouldn't mind getting paid for that myself). 

But like foreveraddickted says, he cannot admit mistakes and is a WUM so he does deserve stick. He's given us total dross and no way would he know about the likes of Cullen and Taylor. It's watching those sorts of players and knowing their character that made them the signings there, all to do with Gallen and nothing to do with him. I don't doubt he saw a few players like Keita and thought they would make good signings, but a lot of the players he brought to us were utter dross. 
  • I am pissed off as I helped Bowyer and Gallen just as much as Driesen did and nobody is giving me any credit.
  • edited August 2019
  • Thomas Driesen is close to Roland Duchatelet and still has influence over him.
    He is guilty by association.

I would like to see the names of all the players that have finished up at Cafc because of Tommy D recommendations.

How do we know they were total dross ?
    Tell me the names that came via the keyboard of Driesen and which came from Phil Chapple or Steve Gallen or other scouts. 

Having seen the good, bad and the injured that found their way to Cafc in the last 5 years the truth would be nice to know about the success and failures of Thomas Driesen's  age 13 and 3/4, picks.

No way do I believe that a young person (when his influence started) should be at the top of the food chain when it comes to the recruitment of players for a Professional team. Its just that it's speculation on which players.

• edited August 2019
    I am pissed off as I helped Bowyer and Gallen just as much as Driesen did and nobody is giving me any credit.
    Can i give you credit for working in grass roots football. Unless you have been soaked to the skin or your fingers frozen putting up the nets for the first game of the day in home matches (I don't miss that part !) You haven't lived the dream. @MuttleyCAFC

• Sponsored links:

• Taking the credit for Lockyer over on his twit account.
     Hardly

• Roland is the magnet of nobheads. Even though he is a nobhead himself.

They just love following it (Roland) around. They can't help themselves. It is an internal force that screams "thank the lord someone is as much of a twat as I am...I must suddenly think and act like him. I have found my nobhead soulmate. Hopefully he'll give me a job. Of course he will give me a job. My CV has a cock and a Belgian waffle on it"

If you're a tosser....then you probably once sat in a room with Roland at some point before staprix owned Charlton.

There are plenty of growing turds. The bloke with white hair that works for Charlton. Doing whatever it is that he does. Jim White. Karl Robinson. 

There were more of that sort within the 2015-2017 ish era.

They kind of dissapeared after a while.
  • edited August 2019
    I am pissed off as I helped Bowyer and Gallen just as much as Driesen did and nobody is giving me any credit.
    Can i give you credit for working in grass roots football. Unless you have been soaked to the skin or your fingers frozen putting up the nets for the first game of the day in home matches (I don't miss that part !) You haven't lived the dream. @MuttleyCAFC

And don't forget having to get a dead pigeon out, after it had been tangled in the net and mauled by a fox! I had to do that last season! Took me 20 minutes and I still don't know how I managed not to puke up!
  • PopIcon said:
    I agree to the extend he got offered a job that he was in no way qualified for. He shouldn't be criticised for being a total chancer and getting paid for wanking all day (wouldn't mind getting paid for that myself). 

But like foreveraddickted says, he cannot admit mistakes and is a WUM so he does deserve stick. He's given us total dross and no way would he know about the likes of Cullen and Taylor. It's watching those sorts of players and knowing their character that made them the signings there, all to do with Gallen and nothing to do with him. I don't doubt he saw a few players like Keita and thought they would make good signings, but a lot of the players he brought to us were utter dross. 
    Disagree entirely. It's that attitude that's largely responsible for how fucked up a place the world is today. People shouldn't be feted for being feckless, useless arsebags - like being shit at your job but somehow successful is a 'badge of honour'. In a world that wasn't as crappy as this one, this useless fleshtube would have been stacking shelves in his local Netto for the last five years instead of helping fuck up our football club
    Don't think Netto exists in Belgium to be honest...

On a serious note, I think what you have said is a massive exaggeration. I mean Driesen is an arsehole but it's not his fault he is employed by us. He might be blackmailing Roland but I think we can assume that it's Roland who is to blame here, not Driesen. 

How is calling people out for being shit at their jobs going to change the world? If we such a large amount of feckless, useless arsebags then that is the issue, not calling them out on it. 
  • edited August 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Taking the credit for Lockyer over on his twit account.
     Hardly

We signed him from Bristol Rovers FFS. Hardly a 'network scout' signing. Total bell. 
  • buckshee said:
    stonemuse said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    It's embarrassing how many of our fans support him... Check this thread if you can from Deadline day 

Wow that’s unexpected 
    I’m astounded that one of them is Millie Edmundson. 
    I think she's being facetious