Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Doncaster semi-final leg 2 post-match views

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Was Marquis onside when he scored?
    Yes, definitely.
  • Options
    We were truly awful tonight, as bad as i've seen us play all season. Credit to McCann he outthought Bowyer tonight. Although in Bowyers defence its always going to be difficult to change the tactics of side when you don't have any strikers on the bench. Playing badly and winning almost makes it sweeter though!
  • Options
    Without a shadow of a doubt the best home atmosphere I have ever experienced. The amount of people standing / chanting, watching us get right behind the boys louder than ever immediately after Doncaster scored their goals and never giving up. Absolute limbs when we equalised in extra time.
  • Options
    DENCH said:
    Without a shadow of a doubt the best home atmosphere I have ever experienced. The amount of people standing / chanting, watching us get right behind the boys louder than ever immediately after Doncaster scored their goals and never giving up. Absolute limbs when we equalised in extra time.
    Amazing atmosphere, I'd forgotten what it was like to experience a full Valley

I'd also forgotten what a pain it is to get in, and the crush in the East Stand concourse. Even going to the toilet took most of half time!
  • Options
    Shattered.....up at 2:45am to watch the game from Perth....what a result. Still can't understand why Butler wasn't giving his marching orders. Credit to everyone at the Valley.....the stadium seemed to be in full voice for the majority of the game. A bit quite after Butler scored but in extra time and pens I'm sure the positive support helped get the boys over the line. Well done to all involved.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    No
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Yes, definitely.
    seth plum said:
    No
    Well what is it ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely shattered. What a night. Obviously we’d do it the Charlton way - never easy. Wemberleyyy
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Don't care if he was rubbish, he wasn't alone, Naby is part of what got us here and I love him for it. He looked so nervous before the pens. But I'd put money right now on him being MOTM at Wembley. Class persists. 
    Worth a mention that Naby is Muslim and as it's Ramadan he'd not eaten or drunk anything all day.  On that basis his performance was heroic. He wasn't terrible anyway. 
  • Options
    Got away with that tonight. Not sure about the three centre backs against a single striker but you have to say when you finish 15 points above a team in the league you deserve to go through at their expense regardless. 

• Options
    TEL said:
    Poor performance but what a win! Sat behind Bowyer and he wasn’t a happy bunny about the refereeing. He and Jacko had a few choice words with the fourth official. Great atmosphere, got a brilliant video of the crowd on the pitch. Unreal night but hey, we got there in the end.
    Who was it in the dugout that got booked?
    Jackson according to the report on the OS
  • Options
    Fucking love Bowyer 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    TEL said:
    Poor performance but what a win! Sat behind Bowyer and he wasn’t a happy bunny about the refereeing. He and Jacko had a few choice words with the fourth official. Great atmosphere, got a brilliant video of the crowd on the pitch. Unreal night but hey, we got there in the end.
    Who was it in the dugout that got booked?
    Jackson according to the report on the OS
    Yeah it was Jacko for kicking a water bottle after their goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We really need igor, parker just cant cut the mustard
  • Options
    On a parr with Wembley 98. What a team.
  • Options
    Our views on individual performances are inevitably focused on their time on the ball.

None of us will spot when a clever run creates space for a teammate, or when smart defensive positioning discourages an early cross etc.

Having said that I struggle to see what Parker adds - would prefer to see Williams in a free role behind Taylor.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Yes, definitely.
    seth plum said:
    No
    Well what is it ! 
    Possibly
  • Options
    Well, what can I say. A poor perfomance, possibly the worst I've seen us defensively in some time with Bauer, Sarr and Bielik (as defensive midfielders) all having poor games, though Bielik scored and it was Naby making the dummy run that upset their defence and as for Paddy, perhaps his mind was slightly elsewhere having become a father earlier in the day. I'm sure we'll see better performnaces from all of them at Wembley.

Dijksteel has really matured as a player in the past few months and was arguably Charlton's MOM.

Donny pressed very well, always putting pressure on our defenders when playing in our half and that gave them the platform by restricting our long passes and time on the ball. They did very well and are obviously disappointed. They probably deserved it over the two legs......but I don't care.

I don't remember dancing alone in my living room previously like I did following the penalty miss. Fortunately no one else was there to witness it.

I hope I can dance in my seat at Wembley in a week and a bit's time!
  • Options
    Funny reading all of the views on here, and how everybody sees the game in different ways.

The further the game went on, I thought that Djeekstel looked increasingly nervous, culminating in him going on a 'Sammy Solo', and losing possession for them to break on us.

Also Purrington may be a steady eddie defensively, but our lack of penetration on either flank makes us predictable at times.

You can see that Parker lacks quality up front, and the fact that we don't even have a fourth choice striker on the bench, speaks volumes for the lack of resources that Bowyer has to work with.

Definitely got away with that one, and the team selection for Wembley will be interesting to say the least, there is a strong argument that the team will benefit from the experience of Solly and Pearce.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Tactics wrong. Too cautious. (Their third goal offside though!)
    BUT the best noise and passion ever at the Valley. 
    Where did all the fans come from? My view is that those that were kids in the premiership years have all come back with their mates as men and women. A new kind of support. #rolandout
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Still exhausted. Williams changed the game. Has to start.

Wembley!