Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goal Keeper Options

edited June 2007 in General Charlton
What are our goal keeper options now bentiz wants carson in the first team

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6231308.stm

Comments

• Options
    That's sh^t. Carson will no longer play second string to anyone. I fear Man City will get him rather than us.
  • Options
    I'd like to see Randolph given a go in the team. Apparently when Brian Kerr was in charge of Ireland's youth set-up he described Randolph as the best Irish prospect he'd seen since Robbie Keane. Why spend money if we don't have to.

Also heard Elliott get some good reviews so maybe we also have our understudy for next year.
  • Options
    I watch the warm up before most home games and whilst obviously not a match situation they both look decent shot stoppers.

Rob Elliot does look as though he sampled rather too many pies and gravy whilst up at Accrington:-)
  • Options
    We need back up for Randolph, its all very well being a great prospect but other than one match against Liverpool he has no first team experience to speak of, so he's something of an unknown quantity, and besides that he might get injured, suspended and miss matches with international call-ups. We need an experienced back-up.
  • Options
    Cannot believe that we will go into next season with Randolph and Elliot as our keepers. That would be a crazy and unacceptable risk that I feel sure Pardew would not consider. I don`t know the situation with Myhre ? I assume if he could be talked into staying then our problem is solved. If not then we must buy or loan an experienced custodian.
  • Options
    I think Myhre has already gone - he's on the Viking website as having the No.1 shirt in their squad listings
  • Options
    To me keeper is actually the most important position on the whole pitch. If we want to win the league - or have any chance of promotion - then we need a quality, proven, experienced keeper. Not Randolph. Get someone in, Pards.
  • Options
    we will be getting another season long-loan from a Prem club, i'm led to believe.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]we will be getting another season long-loan from a Prem club, i'm led to believe.[/quote]

Which means we won't see this bloke until 2 days before the season starts.
  • Options
    i see that Tim Krul of Newcastle expects to go on loan to a ccc side. if someone with little experience comes in in front of Randolph i can see this causing unrest but at the same time i'd rather Randolph or Krul to Maik Taylor who we've been linked with today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No way that Carson will tolerate sitting on his arse on the bench for a whole season, and why should he?

He won't be coming back to us, he will stay in the Prem and I can see him going to Villa or Boro, a mid-range side for a decent fee.
  • Options
    We are apparently after Maik Taylor from Brum - he has not been offered a new contract.

Not a bad keeper but always prone to the odd howler.
  • Options
    To think at the beginning of the season we had Norway's Thomas Myhre, Stefan Andersen of Denmark - and Scott Carson fresh from returning from the England World Cup squad.

Myhre & Andersen had the hump because they couldn't displace Carson - and now not one of those 3 keepers is still at the club. Crazy!
  • Options
    We will have to take a keeper on loan as we can't afford to sign a decent one, also get the feeling that pards wants someone with experience.
  • Options
    We DEFIANTELY need someone with experience in the squad if someone goes on a confidence sapping spree letting in a load of howlers we don't need some inexperienced lad coming in with all that pressure on them... go get deano... I saw him at the spurs game I reckon he still loves us and he looked really strong in the playoff semi against Wolves ...
  • Options
    Oggy Red - I entirely agree - talk about careless - it beggars belief we manage to lose both Andersen and Myhre either of whom would have fitted the bill - particularly Andersen who appeared very hungry to progress his career.

Grapeviner
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Grapevine49[/cite]Oggy Red - I entirely agree - talk about careless - it beggars belief we manage to lose both Andersen and Myhre either of whom would have fitted the bill - particularly Andersen who appeared very hungry to progress his career.

Grapeviner[/quote]

What really gave them the hump was that Liverpool loaned Carson to us on the understanding that when fit he'd be an automatic selection. Having gone through pre-season and having played the previous couple of years I can well understand why Myhre and Andersen were somewhat peeved.
  • Options
    I see liverpool have signed a new goal keeper,
    This is gonna piss carson off ,so we might still get him

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6247150.stm
  • Options
    i know what ya mean but the kids only 18...cant see an unknown quantity skipping ahead of scott in the pecking order somehow...but i hope your right!