Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MIDFIELD

Its been 72 hours since we signed our last player....I want more.....Assuming our priority is now midfield, who would you like to see us sign (be realistic) and who do you think will depart ?

Comments

• Options
    Graveson in . J .Thomas to move.(too lightweight in premier let alone the championship)
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    [cite]Posted By: kev.wins[/cite]Graveson in . J .Thomas to move.(too lightweight in premier let alone the championship)

I wouldn't call JT lightweight, indeed I think he went to tea rather too often with the Hasselbainks!

However I agree that his mental attitude might be wrong for the Championship although even when playing badly he wins more free kicks than most and does offer a much needed outlet for the defence.
  • Options
    When on form and 'wants it' hes flippin brilliant its just often he doesnt seem to give a *beep* so what can you do... beat him up? Not exactly legal is it...
  • Options
    gravesen would be an outstanding signing. really cant see it though
  • Options
    gravesen???? get real we'd struggle to sign him if we were in the premiership !!
  • Options
    We need a young fella - say early twenties - who's hungry, has got energy and isn't afraid to put his foot in. Someone in the Sidwell mould of a few years back maybe. There must be a few decent youngsters on the books of the big clubs who have come through their system but now can't get a sniff of the first team because of all of the big name stars on the books.

Gawd knows who though - don't watch any reserve or youth football.
  • Options
    Walton will be class next year him and song pulling the strings in the midfield.
  • Options
    Haven't we got anyone coming through our own youth system, or would that be too much to hope for...?
  • Options
    Harry Arter and Josh Wright are the two outstanding players coming through our youth system and they both play centre mid. Ones more of a defensive minded player and one more attacking, cant remember which is which, they've been earmarked by both Kinsella and Pards as potential stars and with Pards saying he wants the youf to play a big role..... Pretty good on football manager 07 aswell
  • Options
    Arter gets stuck in, Wright likes control the flow of the game with his passing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    with the amount of youngsters coming in elsewhere, another another old head will come in handy at centre mid, particularly a box to boxer.
  • Options
    What ..... like Kish you mean? ;o)
  • Options
    What about Bougy, he's supposed to be able to play in midfield as well as defence?
  • Options
    not sure about that, i seem to remember he chose us over everton because we could gaurantee him a place in central defence whereas moyes said he would prob have to play defensive mid which he didnt like