Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Play-off problem in Edinburgh.

Slightly strange request, but I am due to run Edinburgh Marathon on the play-off day. If I run well, I should finish about 2pm, which leaves me about an hour to find a pub, showing the match, near Mussleborough. Unlikely I know, but anybody know this area and have any ideas?

Comments

• https://pubfinder.sky.com/

I'd ring the pub as well, as the site is not 100% accurate.
  • @Cardinal Sin
    might be able to recommend somewhere
  • The Rose and Crown would put it on for you, although there will be a Scottish playoff on the same day 
  • Afraid I don't really know Musselburgh - it's very much a separate town rather than part of Edinburgh. Best bet might be to Google places and phone them in advance to ask?

Or If you can get yourself back to central Edi, there would be plenty of places eg this one: http://thethreesistersbar.co.uk/

Good luck!
  • Keep going after the finishing line for another couple of miles and you'll be fine :wink:
  • Sorry Glosfan but I am not familiar with Musselborough. Bob Wilson would know....
  • How can you be in Musselburgh with a name like @No.1 in South London??
  • Sponsored links:

Work contract took me up here and I am still here a year later. Wonderful city to work in..... same pay as London but a whole lot cheaper to live in and enjoy for a year or two.  
  • I'm in Glasgow - been here since the early 90s.

Perhaps we need to think seriously about getting a few of us together and starting Scottish Addicks? 

Perhaps we need to think seriously about getting a few of us together and starting Scottish Addicks? 
    'Ooh Sweaty Addicks, Ooh Sweaty Addicks'  :D
  • edited May 2019
    RedChaser said:
    I'm in Glasgow - been here since the early 90s.

Speak for yourself... ;)
  • RedChaser said:
    I'm in Glasgow - been here since the early 90s.

Speak for yourself... ;)
    I'll have you know I'm very fragrant mind you Friday night was an exception during the penalty shoot out,   ;)
  • Yes, you might be right there.

There is another Addick in my work place.... couldn't believe it on my first day when a fella came into work with a Charlton hat on. So that's 3 of us already.
    Musselburgh comes under Greater London 😉
  • This may be my first ever post but I have this exact same problem and (all being well) I’ll also be finishing the marathon with about an hour till kick off.  

Following this thread with interest.  

I live in Lenzie these days - moved up twelve years ago.  
  • Aha, another for our Scottish Addicks - welcome @thedukester1001.

How many do we reckon we need to actually make this happen?
  • Sponsored links:

• Will the golf club be showing it ??
  • Aha, another for our Scottish Addicks - welcome @thedukester1001.

How many do we reckon we need to actually make this happen?
    You could start with any number and see if it builds. Maybe arrange to meet for a live game or just on a match day over Gillette soccer Saturday at the start of the new season and go from there, if there is enough interest.
  • I was wondering more about the odd Scottish-based former player Q&A. There are a few around. Finding a suitable location may be challenging if we are spread out!

Anyway, all about Wembley for now...
  • Thanks so much for everyone's replies, I really appreciate it. I will do some emailing and try and find a suitable location. And if I find one I will let you know thedukester1001 :)
  • Glosfan, you do know there will be a marathon available  to do next year, play off final at Wembley on the other hand. .... .. 
  • edited May 2019
    @Glosfan I’ve Facebook messaged the Staggs Bar. They say they’ve three sky boxes and are hopeful they’ll show it - basically depends on the numbers of people who want to watch. We clash with the Scottish Premiership playoff!  

Someone else has already requested the League One playoff as well - that may of course be you :-). 

Folks at work reckon this this is our best bet in musselburgh. 

Good luck on Sunday, hopefully our plans come together and we can meet for a post-marathon beer or two!
  • edited May 2019
    Haha, it was me, if we both nag them maybe we have a chance...he said it was a 20 minute walk and they might struggle with the Scottish Play Off! No1inSouth London suggests the Sports Bar in Meadowbank might be a good shout?
  • Yup that sports bar in Meadowbank is thirty seconds from the Edinburgh office of where I’m contracting at present.  It might be a good bet I’m just a bit worried about how long it will take to get there with road closures etc.  

Hard to know which is the best bet. 
  • Difficult decision, I will have my partner, who is also running and both our dads (mine is 86, which might limit our choice a bit, as I can't see him dashing around too much). If they have 3 sky boxes, hopefully they will turn one of them onto the more important game 😉
  • My sister will also be there - she’s running the half.  Suddenly that’s quite a big group of us asking for the game to be shown...