Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I wish they'd all stop congratulating me!

My Czech friends and neighbours, that is.

The trouble is, they are congratulating me on Great Britain's ice hockey team beating France in the "World Cup" in Slovakia. I mean, who knew?

Worse, it seems that a while back in the village pub I promised that if GB won a game in this thing, I would buy the beers for everyone in the pub.

Fortunately the beer there is only 68p a half litre...

Comments

• Thought you were tea total PA
  • My Czech friends and neighbours, that is.

The trouble is, they are congratulating me on Great Britain's ice hockey team beating France in the "World Cup" in Slovakia. I mean, who knew?

Worse, it seems that a while back in the village pub I promised that if GB won a game in this thing, I would buy the beers for everyone in the pub.

Fortunately the beer there is only 68p a half litre...
    I’d take advantage of that mate, you’ll be paying the same price as a round per pint on Sunday 
  • Thought you were tea total PA
     "tea total"? 

• Teetotal 
  • Teetotal 
    Only in January mate. Mind you I wont be going near that so-called beer they will serve at Wembley
  • Teetotal 
    Only in January mate. Mind you I wont be going near that so-called beer they will serve at Wembley
    It will be shorts for me.....seeya there Richard!
  • Teetotal 
    I bet you do go reasonably close to it. Unavoidable :)
  • Teetotal 
    Is the weather looking good then?
  • Addickted said:
    Teetotal 
    Is the weather looking good then?
    I just knew someone was going to say something along those lines the moment I posted......sure enough within moments someone did.....and of course it would have to be you! :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Teetotal 
    I bet you do go reasonably close to it. Unavoidable :)
    Shelled out for hospitality to avoid it among other things. 

Out of interest what foul yellow piss have Wembley done an exclusive deal on, and what hysterical prices will the hoi polloi pay? 
  • edited May 2019
    Congratulations @PragueAddick a very good effort from your team. It’s about time they gave the french a good tonking. Let’s hope you football team can do likewise on Sunday.