Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The real story of Sunderland's takeover

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    Hope they go up this season. They will be big big challengers next year if not. 
    I hope they win every game after Saturday. If they don’t go up they will be buying young players that will be able to step up to the Championship, players and their agents will know that and be happy to join. Probably one promotion spot gone if they don’t go up.
    Letting it be known you have £60 million to spend is a bit dim. That will cost.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    So if they don't get promoted this season they won't be spending anything next season then?
    Not quite. FFP is finished, they can spend what they want providing it doesn’t put the club in financial ruin 
    The salary cap in League 1 and 2 has gone but I thought FFP was still in place in the Championship? It was separate from the salary cap, clubs could lose up to £39m over 3 seasons.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    iaitch said:
    So if they don't get promoted this season they won't be spending anything next season then?
    Not quite. FFP is finished, they can spend what they want providing it doesn’t put the club in financial ruin 
    The salary cap in League 1 and 2 has gone but I thought FFP was still in place in the Championship? It was separate from the salary cap, clubs could lose up to £39m over 3 seasons.
    UEFA have suspended financial fair play, I don't think that that effects league 1 though. 

If we don't go up its probably best that Sunderland, Hull and Portsmouth do. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    iaitch said:
    UEFA appear to have scrapped their variation, whether the EFL have a different set of rules that relate to FFP and will keep theirs in place is a different matter - I guess the trouble is though, EFL clubs are part of UEFA, if the EFL try and claim that they've broken FFP, the club could effectively argue that the decision was made by a higher authority.

https://www.90min.com/in/posts/uefa-to-scrap-financial-fair-play-giving-clubs-more-freedom-to-pursue-transfer-targets-01f1m9kxvj21
  • Options
    They won't have anything near £60m too spend.Sheff wed and Birmingham may go down so if we don't go up always big teams in league one.
  • Options
    The EFL lost the court case, the salary cap is no more. But as there is no transfer window it is irrelevant as of now. Come the summer it’s going to be interesting as clubs with money can spend kind of what they want.  
  • Options
    When was the last time a team in league one spent more then say £2m on transfer fees same with a team that went up too the championship?.
  • Options
    When was the last time a team in league one spent more then say £2m on transfer fees same with a team that went up too the championship?.
    Rumour was that Peterborough paid £1.8m for Mo Eisa last season, they also brought in Jack Taylor in for £500k in the January Transfer Window
  • Options
    Sunderland spent 4m on Will Grigg.
  • Options
    Wasn’t it rumoured Sunderland spent £4m on Grigg in the season we won play offs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Coventry were easily the biggest spenders of the 3 promoted sides last summer. They spend £1.35m Gustavo Hamer, with a number of other players with "undisclosed" fees